The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 hours ago, ZRod said:

It's just wild. My finance wears a mask for 12.5 hours a day at the hospital. I've worn one working out. I wear one when I visit suppliers for work, and going into our offices now. I've worn them in a plant for a few hours when it's 90 degrees outside and no A/C inside with hot a$$ plastic injection molding going on. You get sweaty and safety glasses fog up, but is it really that bad? No! It's better than not being able to breathe for weeks. Just wear the damn mask!

I'll admit I've lowered them to be heard in the plant, but I just make sure I keep my distance when I talk. This isn't a hard concept to follow and understand.

I did it for about 2-3 hours at a time while teaching summer school.  That length of time for me I found it to be itchy, that was really the only thing I notice and I guess around the back of my ears it sort of was uncomfortable.  That is about it...

Most of the times when I have worn masks it is only for about 3-7 minutes...wink...you know what I am talking about :)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Thats what makes that stat so astounding! 

I'll count myself as part of that statistic. The nachos I had this weekend could be considered an abortion when they came out the other end. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Earth has grown a lot in its 6000 years of existence. 

:lol:

I don’t know why Christians act like both evolution and the Bible can’t be true at the same time. Evolution sounds a lot like what happened when God created the heavens and the earth. 

And you can’t take this literally if you’re not an idiot. God created light, then 3 days later created the sun and moon? O.o. 

And if the sun and moon didn’t exist then what was a “day” before them? Certainly not a day as we know it. 

Days of creation list

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, Moiraine said:

:lol:

I don’t know why Christians act like both evolution and the Bible can’t be true at the same time. Evolution sounds a lot like what happened when God created the heavens and the earth. 

And you can’t take this literally if you’re not an idiot. God created light, then 3 days later created the sun and moon? O.o. 

And if the sun and moon didn’t exist then what was a “day” before them? Certainly not a day as we know it. 

Days of creation list

This is personally how I look at things but man people get pissed about it lol 

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, teachercd said:

I did it for about 2-3 hours at a time while teaching summer school.  That length of time for me I found it to be itchy, that was really the only thing I notice and I guess around the back of my ears it sort of was uncomfortable.  That is about it...

If the back of your ears are bothering you, use a paper clip or similar to attach the elastic behind your head. Or make yourself a reusable cloth mask and sew tie strings to it.

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2020 at 10:50 AM, knapplc said:

At this point it's just bizarre that people react this way. Wear a mask if you want football.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/p0714-americans-to-wear-masks.html

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:blink:

Knapplc, I don't think you can find one post where I've stated not to wear a mask.  I wear a mask myself.  The point is that there are plenty of other solutions to this problem that for whatever reason ... are being shut down.  Why is this?  I'm a survivor of Covid and I'm grateful for Hydroxychloroquine.  I don't get why your solution is a mask.  It's just silly.  You on the left think a mask solves everything.  It doesn't and it won't.  You also shut down any and all solutions or other truthful options.

The only good think about my post was that it got some of this crap moved to the Political pit.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Knapplc, I don't think you can find one post where I've stated not to wear a mask.  I wear a mask myself.  The point is that there are plenty of other solutions to this problem that for whatever reason ... are being shut down.  Why is this?  I'm a survivor of Covid and I'm grateful for Hydroxychloroquine.  I don't get why your solution is a mask.  It's just silly.  You on the left think a mask solves everything.  It doesn't and it won't.  You also shut down any and all solutions or other truthful options.

The only good think about my post was that it got some of this crap moved to the Political pit.

Wearing a mask is something everyone can easily do.  What other mitigation methods would you like to discuss and/or find acceptable?

Keeping kids out of school?

Shutting down the economy?

Ban eating indoors?

Ban Church services?

Give everyone in America daily doses of Hydroxichlidiquine?

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I don't think you can find one post where I've stated not to wear a mask.  I wear a mask myself.

Yet you deride mask use as a "fetish."

5 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

there are plenty of other solutions to this problem that for whatever reason ... are being shut down.

Because they're bunk. The CDC, WHO, Mayo Clinic... all the experts say to do three things, and three things alone: 1) Wear a mask, 2) Wash your hands, 3) practice social distancing.  Other countries have done this (look up South Korea) and have successfully fought this virus.

And when I say "bunk," I mean nonsense, like this:

7 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I'm a survivor of Covid and I'm grateful for Hydroxychloroquine.

Great that you survived COVID. Hydroxychloroquine did nothing to help you. It's ineffective against this virus. 

8 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I don't get why your solution is a mask.

It's not my solution, or even a solution at all. It's a preventive measure, and one of the best in our arsenal. It's also ridiculously easy to do. Not wearing a mask, with what we know now, makes you a selfish person. A bad person, honestly.

9 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

It's just silly.

It's not silly. It's science.

10 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

You on the left

I'm a moderate. 

10 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

You on the left think a mask solves everything.  It doesn't and it won't.

Nobody has said that, and you can stop with these strawman arguments because you look silly when you make them.

11 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

You also shut down any and all solutions or other truthful options.

I don't have the ability to shut down anything. You present your opinion and I present mine. 

What's interesting (and telling) is that you think anything that counters your opinion is shutting you down. You tell me I'm wrong and I don't care. It's your opinion. Nobody is shutting me down, or will, by simply presenting a different opinion.  

Your problem is that you don't deal in truth. Anti-mask despite the overwhelming evidence that they help. Pushing Hydroxychloroquine even though it's been shown to be ineffective against C19. These are not "truthful options," they're nonsense. 

If you stop talking nonsense, people will listen to you more. Promise.

15 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Hooray?

• Plus1 3