The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

54 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

This is happening real time, real people are sick. If your family member was sick would you ask for this cocktail or would you say I need to wait a few months for some controlled data? f#&% no you wouldn’t. My wife maybe dies or try this drug drs say works. 

If this cocktail that seems to be working didn’t contain something trump promoted some of you wouldn’t be so against it. You say maybe they would have gotten better without it- well maybe the virus would have spread regardless of mask usage. I guess we will never know 

Im sure some of you are in the anyone but trump crowd. Which means win at all costs too. I could care less who endorsed the damn drug- does it work. Actual field practice is working. 

You have every right to demand that your doctor treat you a certain way, that's why we have the phrase "against medical advice". It's also irresponsible for a doctor to give you an unproven treatment and tell you it's a cure, that's why we have malpractice.

You're not even listening to what people are saying to you. I'd love it if HC were the cure all for COVID, but you can never actually prove it's scientifically effective until it's undergone trials specifically for the virus. Sure doctors are giving it and some people are getting better, but how do you actually know it's because of the cocktail? You don't! And you won't until it's studied! The drug can have adverse effects on people, which is why we shouldn't just be handing out willy-nilly like a z-pack.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Yes. Chemotherapy is approved for human consumption. That doesn't mean it should be used to treat diabetes and that it won't have negative side effects that outweigh the benefits of using it to treat diabetes.

I'm acting like we don't know yet if it's good to use for Covid-19.

I get what you are trying to say. But chemo is probably a little over the top for your analogy. That is one of the harshest treatments to our bodies 

18 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Are you in any way skeptical about the veracity of this article in this tiny little paper?

Who wrote this?  It provides no real information. It's in the Opinion section.  It just says this guy's name, claims he's found the miracle cure just by testing, and the bulk of the article is a letter to Trump.

But... It's pretty weird that he writes a letter to Trump asking Trump to approve a cocktail of drugs including hydroxychloroquine, as if he wouldn't know that Trump has been pushing this drug for months. Is the claim that he independently stumbled on HCQ as a cure, and without knowing anything about the national discussion surrounding this drug, advocated for its use?

And this is a novel virus, meaning there are no known cures. So why is he so very quickly prescribing this cocktail of drugs to people without having any knowledge of how it'll react?  That's not sound medical practice.

This is super sketchy. And it flies in the face of findings by the FDA.  Are we presuming this local doctor has more resources than the FDA?

This article was written two weeks ago amidst a pandemic that has killed 10,000 Americans since it was published. If this really is a cure, why haven't other doctors started using it? Why haven't other news sources picked up this story?

And the Houston doctor you're referring to is the demon sex doctor.

• Plus1 2

I think this is going to be a lasting long term affect of the pandemic and I don’t think it’s bad. 

I have relatives that live in big cities that always said they loved it and never wanted to move. Now they want to move to a smaller community because their jobs allow them to live anywhere. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Found this interesting...

"As a business owner I am not responsible for adults and their own health,” he said Saturday afternoon in front of the business at 4700 Dudley Street.

Except ya kinda are... You clean and sanitize shoes, bathrooms, kitchens,, etc. Prepare food to a certain standard. And if somebody drinks too much you're liable... Just follow the damn rules and get a loan if you need it (I know it's not that simple). It sucks that buisnesses are hurting, but we have to get this thing figured out. The government could have done more if they wanted to...

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

"Australia declares state of disaster in Victoria and imposes curfew in Melbourne" https://twitter.com/i/events/1289845747987300352?s=09

i wonder what they think of our numbers.    they declare a disaster with 671 cases and 7 deaths.

Australia’s second-most populous state declared a state of disaster, with Melbourne imposing stricter measures including nightly curfews and limits on movement. This comes as the state confirmed 671 new COVID-19 cases and seven new deaths.