The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

This is promising news, but a couple things to keep in mind. The info seems to be coming from the drug companies, and as far as I can tell these patients haven't fully recovered. The only specific example they cite was able to come off a ventilator in 4 days. They still probably have months of recovery.

With long term or life long lasting effects.  

12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

This is promising news, but a couple things to keep in mind. The info seems to be coming from the drug companies, and as far as I can tell these patients haven't fully recovered. The only specific example they cite was able to come off a ventilator in 4 days. They still probably have months of recovery.

Another study from a Johns Hopkins Doc https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3665228

Lots of independent studies currently on going right now - just something to watch. Encouraging none the less.

6 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Another study from a Johns Hopkins Doc https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3665228

Lots of independent studies currently on going right now - just something to watch. Encouraging none the less.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer. We just know people are going to see it as a complete cure and run with it. Another excuse not to wear a mask and not do your part...

On 7/31/2020 at 3:34 PM, Huskers93-97 said:

If this cocktail that seems to be working didn’t contain something trump promoted some of you wouldn’t be so against it.

If this cocktail didn't contain something trump promoted you would have never heard of it.

• Plus1 5

https://www.axios.com/trump-coronavirus-under-control-5f114a16-9952-428c-bc07-3cfa360b0977.html

More on this disaster of an interview and trump thinks Biden has some mental/cognitive issues :facepalm:

President Trump said in an interview with “Axios on HBO” that he thinks the coronavirus is as well-controlled in the U.S. as it can be, despite dramatic surges in new infections over the course of the summer and more than 150,000 American deaths.

• “They are dying, that's true. And you have — it is what it is. But that doesn't mean we aren't doing everything we can. It's under control as much as you can control it. This is a horrible plague,” he told Axios' Jonathan Swan.

Reality check: The U.S. is averaging roughly 65,000 new cases and 1,000 deaths per day. The virus has already killed nearly 150,000 Americans, and it spread largely unchecked through almost the entire country throughout June and July.

The big picture: In the interview, which took place last Tuesday, Trump returned to familiar themes and areas where the U.S. really has made significant progress. He cited the dramatic increase in ventilator production, the ramp-up in testing and treatment that has reduced the overall fatality rate from the virus.

• Yes, but: He painted a far rosier picture of the pandemic than most data would support.

On testing, Trump said, “You know there are those that say you can test too much” — a view that no experts have advocated.

• The U.S. is experiencing long turnaround times for coronavirus testing, as Trump acknowledged, because of the high demand for testing. But that is largely a function of the country’s high caseload and the number of people at risk of infection.

He also returned to his mantra that “because we've done more tests, we have more cases.”

• The cases the U.S. has, we would have had with or without testing. We know we have them because of testing, but the massive outbreak here would be a massive outbreak whether we chose to know about it (through testing) or ignore it by not testing.

Trump also seemed to suggest that he did not trust South Korea’s coronavirus data, when pressed on that country’s more successful coronavirus response.

• There have been no serious allegations, from experts, international authorities or the U.S., that South Korea’s numbers are inaccurate.

•  
4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Eee9hMHWkAAKJF0?format=jpg&name=900x900

Why is it the people who are most prone to making this kind of sign always looks like the just got done chewing the a$$ of the Bed Bath & Beyond manager for half an hour because the luxury 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton sheet set they purchased the other day ACKSHULLY only had 997 threads? SHE COUNTED HERSELF, KEVIN!

• Haha 1

Pre-pandemic I was worried about Trump refusing to accept the results on the election and not leaving office.  In recent months his behavior seems to point to him actively searching for ways to make that happen.  This man is the most legitimate constitutional threat coming from the white house since Wilson eliminated free speech, and Lincoln waived habeas corpus.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Husker NoNo said:

Pre-pandemic I was worried about Trump refusing to accept the results on the election and not leaving office.  In recent months his behavior seems to point to him actively searching for ways to make that happen.  This man is the most legitimate constitutional threat coming from the white house since Wilson eliminated free speech, and Lincoln waived habeas corpus.

Reminds me of his 'maybe we'll delay the elections' stupidity. I admittedly have not paid super close attention to the reaction to Trump saying that, but from what I did see, it was reassuring to see many Republican leaders come out and immediately squash any notion of elections being delayed. Many of them seemed irritated that it was even a point of discussion... almost like asking whether or not we'll just eliminate taxes or something like that.

I agree with your overall point too, though. I don't trust Trump. I find the blind partisan support of him completely asinine and I fully believe him capable of putting up an unconstitutional fight to retain the presidency.

• Plus1 1

The bold below  - As Trump said the other day "It is what it is ".   This should be Trump's new campaign slogan.  No more MAGA but rather

TRUMP 2020 "IT IS WHAT IT IS'

So now he is making light of the pandemic - thinking once again that down playing it will help his election.  He is despicable. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-surging-virus-e2-80-98will-go-away-like-things-go-away-e2-80-99/ar-BB17BcbL

President Donald Trump said the coronavirus pandemic is “going away,” as the U.S. continues to see tens of thousands of new daily cases and recorded 1,380 deaths on Tuesday.

“This thing’s going away. It will go away like things go away,” Trump said Wednesday morning in a telephone interview with Fox News. He said the U.S. is in “very good shape” while touting economic indicators.

Trump also reiterated his push for schools to reopen, saying inaccurately that children are “almost immune” to the virus but that “the teachers are a different story.” He recommended that older teachers not return to work until the pandemic passes.

“This is a terrible thing that China sent us,” Trump said.

In June, at least 260 campers and staffers at a sleepaway camp in Georgia tested positive for the virus. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned the incident showed Covid-19 “spread efficiently in a youth-centric overnight setting,” a finding that could have implications for school reopenings. The CDC said the camp followed some, but not all, of its mitigation recommendations.

Trump has regularly flipped back and forth between taking the virus seriously in his public remarks and predicting it will disappear. Trump has also touted the potential for a vaccine, and reiterated Wednesday that he believes one will be available by the end of the year.