The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Poor snowflakes

LOVELAND RESIDENTS GATHER TOGETHER FOR ANTI-MASK RALLY

A group of Loveland residents fed up with Governor Jared Polis mask mandate held a rally on Wednesday. (August 5)

Denver 7 is reporting that about 300 people showed up to Dwayne Webster Veterans Park where the group "Keep Colorado Free and Open" held a rally.

On their Facebook page the group says their goal is to "learn how to work together to resist unconstitutional mandates such as Jared Polis' recent mask mandate, criminal trespassing charges for non-compliance and business licenses being threatened, future lock-downs" and more.

• Plus1 1

25 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We are the stupidest country on Earth.

It is soooo true!

The amount of crying that people do in the USA is simply amazing.  Don't get me wrong, this is still the best country in the world by far, but man we have some freaking dorks.

28 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We are the stupidest country on Earth.

Agree.   Stupid, arrogant, ignorant, stubborn.  Take your pick.  The main driver of all of the above is our current political divide which is propagated daily by Trump.    Only those Trumpers who are any or all of the above either cannot or refuse to see this happening.   

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is soooo true!

The amount of crying that people do in the USA is simply amazing.  Don't get me wrong, this is still the best country in the world by far, but man we have some freaking dorks.

No. At the moment we are not the best country in the world by far. Or at all. Not the worst, either. But given our history of loudly braying about American exceptionalism, we probably should earn it instead of being this lazy, hypocritical, selfish and stupid. And when I say "stupid" I don't just mean a lack of book smarts. We are actually silencing intelligence in favor of primitive myth-making that plays to our basest fears and con-artists.  Forget our European peers. We're getting more like Uganda every day.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No. At the moment we are not the best country in the world by far. Or at all. Not the worst, either. But given our history of loudly braying about American exceptionalism, we probably should earn it instead of being this lazy, hypocritical, selfish and stupid. And when I say "stupid" I don't just mean a lack of book smarts. We are actually silencing intelligence in favor of primitive myth-making that plays to our basest fears and con-artists.  Forget our European peers. We're getting more like Uganda every day.  

I will disagree with all this.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Amen. We see that right here on HuskerBoard all the time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
53 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No.

We feel this way because we live here and are experiencing all the crap right now.  But, there's crap going on in lots of developed countries.  I would say we aren't the best.  But, we are in a group of the best countries in the world.  We have major issues like healthcare..etc.  But, almost all developed countries have problems with a history of racism, poverty and stupid people to some extent.

• Plus1 1

One in 3 American's said they would not get the vaccine when ready per this Gallop poll.

Big disparity between GOP and Dems.  Perhaps this provides the anti-science, anti-govt brainwashing by the GOP over the last

decade and esp during the Trump years. 

• 47% of Republicans say they would get the vaccine, compared to 53% who would not.
  • 81% of Democrats would get vaccinated, while 19% would not.
  • 59% of independents say they would get the vaccine, compared to 41% who would not.
  • 56% of those in rural or farm areas would get vaccinated, while 44% would not.
  • 69% of those living in the suburbs would get the vaccine, compared to 31% who would not.
  • 65% of those living in a large city would get vaccinated, while 35% would not.

The poll, conduced July 20-Aug. 2, surveyed 7,632 people. The margin of error is plus or minus 2 percentage points.

Details here:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/317018/one-three-americans-not-covid-vaccine.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_content=morelink&utm_campaign=syndication

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have a buddy that helped start a school in Uganda...when he came back after the second trip he was like "Dude, I might move there, that place is freaking awesome"

Oh wait...he did not say that.  Not at all...not even close.  

If you want me to say we're as bad as Uganda, no. Of course not. 

But if the measure is people falling for a sociopathic strongman who pretends he's a populist, leading to the rejection of the very things that make us smarter, empathetic and enviable, yeah, that's the road we're going down. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you want me to say we're as bad as Uganda, no. Of course not. 

But if the measure is people falling for a sociopathic strongman who pretends he's a populist, leading to the rejection of the very things that make us smarter, empathetic and enviable, yeah, that's the road we're going down. 

I am just gonna go out on a limb here...and say that America will not look much like Uganda anytime soon.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No.

We feel this way because we live here and are experiencing all the crap right now.  But, there's crap going on in lots of developed countries.  I would say we aren't the best.  But, we are in a group of the best countries in the world.  We have major issues like healthcare..etc.  But, almost all developed countries have problems with a history of racism, poverty and stupid people to some extent.

I say this based on the many global studies on quality of life that show the United States plummeting out of our First World status in several disturbing categories. 

The problem is amplified when we insist on our exceptionalism while doing little to earn it. The U.S. has lost a tremendous amount of the respect it earned post WWII, and has literally embarrassed itself over the last 3.5 years. I'm not sure Americans really understand how far we've fallen. 

Because I live here and experience all the crap right now, I want to fight for my country.  And it gets a bit daunting to find out how many Americans truly believe the coronavirus sent by China is also plot by Bill Gates to implant us with tracking chips. It'd be kinda funny if it wasn't so horrifying. 

• Plus1 3