The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Just now, teachercd said:

What?  No, I gave my opinion, he gave his, he disagreed with mine and i disagree with his.  I am not trying to change his mind about anything.  Why would I?  

So all of this is completely meaningless conversation to you. 

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So all of this is completely meaningless conversation to you. 

Yeah...no one is changing another posters mind on anything.  Like, I won't sit there in the car later while heading out to the store and think "Geez, how can I convince that other poster that I don't know at all that I am right? Hmmm"

Some of the recipe stuff has some meaning i suppose and some of the gambling picks (just not mine)

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah...no one is changing another posters mind on anything.  Like, I won't sit there in the car later while heading out to the store and think "Geez, how can I convince that other poster that I don't know at all that I am right? Hmmm"

Some of the recipe stuff has some meaning i suppose and some of the gambling picks (just not mine)

I'm living proof that this is 100% not true. I've changed my opinion on several things from conversations right here on this board. Actually listening to the opinions of others is important.

If this is all so meaningless to you, why have you posted here 2,000 times a year for ten years? I mean... pick another hobby, teach! :D 

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm living proof that this is 100% not true. I've changed my opinion on several things from conversations right here on this board. Actually listening to the opinions of others is important.

If this is all so meaningless to you, why have you posted here 2,000 times a year for ten years? I mean... pick another hobby, teach! :D 

No kidding!  I was thinking of taking u0 big game hunting...But I have never hunted small game, so if feels like a big leap.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Saying No doesn't give you a very good counter claim there brother.  I'm basing my statement on stuff you can just do a simple google search to find out.

Example:  For healthcare and education, the US dropped to 27th in the world in 2018.  Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/us-ranks-27th-for-healthcare-and-education-2018-9

So, definitely not the best.

For quality of life, the US is 7th...which still isn't the best again:  https://www.businessinsider.com/best-countries-in-the-world-ranked-us-news-world-report#7-united-states-11

So, that's what I'm basing my assertion on.  Feel free to google on your own to find out how we're not #1 on just about everything out there any longer when we used to be #1 on many.

These are preseason rankings. We’ll hit our stride. 

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Waldo said:

These past few pages are an example of why I’ll never vote blue in the near future. 

I see a bunch of people with a bunch of political views talking about some things the U.S. isn’t great at compared to other wealthy countries and some other things its citizens are morons about, e.g. holding rallies about non mask wearing. What does that have to do with voting for Democrats?

• Plus1 4

A friend sent me this yesterday. If the data this Swedish doctor presents is accurate, this is really important.

https://sebastianrushworth.com/2020/08/04/how-bad-is-covid-really-a-swedish-doctors-perspective/

TL;DR: This Swedish doctor believes Sweden is already seeing the effects of herd immunity and guesstimates that probably roughly 50% of Swedes have contracted C19.

I think what we're seeing in the U.S. is basically just a dragging out of the inevitable. 

12 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I see a bunch of people with a bunch of political views talking about some things the U.S. isn’t great at compared to other wealthy countries and some other things its citizens are morons about, e.g. holding rallies about non mask wearing. What does that have to do with voting for Democrats?

i would bet a nickel that waldo has rarely if ever voted for a democrat.

• Plus1 3
34 minutes ago, Undone said:

A friend sent me this yesterday. If the data this Swedish doctor presents is accurate, this is really important.

https://sebastianrushworth.com/2020/08/04/how-bad-is-covid-really-a-swedish-doctors-perspective/

TL;DR: This Swedish doctor believes Sweden is already seeing the effects of herd immunity and guesstimates that probably roughly 50% of Swedes have contracted C19.

I think what we're seeing in the U.S. is basically just a dragging out of the inevitable. 

The numbers in NY and NJ would indicate that covid has swept through the vulnerable population. I really hope we see similar things happen in Florida, Texas, Arizona - definitely something to keep an eye on. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The numbers in NY and NJ would indicate that covid has swept through the vulnerable population. I really hope we see similar things happen in Florida, Texas, Arizona - definitely something to keep an eye on. 

I should rephrase. This immunity will have come at a high cost, but the silver lining is less cases and less deaths, and we've been through the worst of it.