The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Just now, Jason Sitoke said:

Not a disagreement here.  We have handled this about as shamefully and disorganized as possible. Only point was people were quick to talk about Europe taking things seriously and that they had ‘moved on’ because they trusted government. France, Spain, Britain are all in the thick of it again.  I’m not going to pretend to know why it’s happening, or assume it’s because people are being reckless because I’m not sure. 

I think the narrative you're looking for there is "they've done better than we have." 

They are not "in the thick of it" in any way, shape, or form like we are. Our deaths are much, much higher than theirs, and that's not really up for debate. 

As you say, we've handled it as shamefully as possible. 

Time for someone else to lead.

9 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

UK's highest death day in the past month has been 27 deaths. 

US's highest death day in the past month has been 1,200 deaths. 

If you adjust UKs population to match the US, the UKs worst death day in the past month would be 135 deaths. 

And cases in the U.K. have risen 4x today vs 1 month ago. What do you think the deaths are going to do in the next 3 weeks?  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I think the narrative you're looking for there is "they've done better than we have." 

They are not "in the thick of it" in any way, shape, or form like we are. Our deaths are much, much higher than theirs, and that's not really up for debate. 

As you say, we've handled it as shamefully as possible. 

Time for someone else to lead.

Boris Johnson just announced new restrictions and called this a ‘perilous turning point’.   There 4400 new cases yesterday. At its peak in April, the U.K. saw 6200 cases.  In a region that has experienced almost 42,000 deaths already, they are about to lose quite a few more. 

Just now, Jason Sitoke said:

Boris Johnson just announced new restrictions and called this a ‘perilous turning point’.   There 4400 new cases yesterday. At its peak in April, the U.K. saw 6200 cases.  In a region that has experienced almost 42,000 deaths already, they are about to lose quite a few more. 

They're getting nearly as bad as America. And Boris Johnson is basically their version of Trump.

Looks like they need a better leader, too.

24 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

And cases in the U.K. have risen 4x today vs 1 month ago. What do you think the deaths are going to do in the next 3 weeks?  

Probably go up? Just commenting on the flaws of looking at deaths per capita. Countries in Europe got slammed early but have done a much better job of controlling the virus after the initial asskicking. 

3 hours ago, QMany said:

Cultists, please just ignore those deaths that eclipse WW1 + Vietnam + Iraq + Afghanistan. 

Lol... what a tone deaf message from him. I mean yeah... statistically speaking... the vast majority of people won't get it. But 'affect' is sort of a loose term to throw around here. I'd say every single one of our lives have been pretty damn well affected by coronavirus.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Fru said:

Imagine 200k Americans dying in 7 months from a Pandemic during a Hillary Clinton Presidency. 

Imagine four soldiers dying in defense of an American embassy harboring a CIA operation, in one of the most dangerous cities in the world, in a country the U.S. was actively trying to destabilize. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1