The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I didn't say it was wrong, I said it was misleading. Here is the Tweet and graph. Show me where it says cases per 100k or refers to density? Until you click on the link, it refers to neither. 

Right below the headline you can see it is talking about rates, so you know it's "per" something. That said they probably should have labeled the axes.

Edit: and I just looked and this is a case of Twitter cropping the image. The axes are labeled on the graph.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, GSG said:

COVID conspiracy theorists are trying to find ways to get into the hospital to prove that they're not full and it's all a lie

The fact that people are willing to believe in a conspiracy despite so many people needing to be complicit in order to pull it off is... baffling.

Setting aside the fact that most doctors and nurses genuinely care about others' health and well-being... I think we all know doctors and nurses (particularly nurses). What nurse working four 12's in a row would really be all that interested in opining for a COVID conspiracy? People think they give a damn? Most of them just want to work their shift, get home to their families, and friggin sleep.

• Plus1 4
12 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

12 hours ago, Moiraine said:

3 hours ago, GSG said:

COVID conspiracy theorists are trying to find ways to get into the hospital to prove that they're not full and it's all a lie

Go ahead, tell me how people are not stupid dangerous animals.

WTAF? :facepalm:

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Enhance said:

The fact that people are willing to believe in a conspiracy despite so many people needing to be complicit in order to pull it off is... baffling.

Setting aside the fact that most doctors and nurses genuinely care about others' health and well-being... I think we all know doctors and nurses (particularly nurses). What nurse working four 12's in a row would really be all that interested in opining for a COVID conspiracy? People think they give a damn? Most of them just want to work their shift, get home to their families, and friggin sleep.

What purpose does lying about hospitals being full, serve? It's like the flat earthers, why the f#&% would people be lying to you about the earth being a sphere?

• Plus1 3
15 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

What purpose does lying about hospitals being full, serve? It's like the flat earthers, why the f#&% would people be lying to you about the earth being a sphere?

Well....because it is how the evil liberals were able to bring down the greatest administration the world has ever seen.

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Enhance said:

Also, why would hospitals give up by canceling, or deferr, their big money makers in elective procedures? That's literally where they make all their money and some how they don't want that now?

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Also, why would hospitals give up by canceling, or deferr, their big money makers in elective procedures? That's literally where they make all their money and some how they don't want that now?

How else will they go bankrupt, get bailed out by the government, and forced into socialized medicine?

• Plus1 2