The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

23 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

You just have to shake your head at the idiocy sometimes. 

LOVE the two sides to every story quip.

Mam, your cancer is very treatable. Your oncologist, Dr. Johnson, is one of the best in the world, and she put together a plan to beat this thing. We think you have a great shot at leading a normal life again in 6-12 months. 

But remember, there is two sides to every story. So we brought in Bob, who is a plumber with Roto-Rooter. Bob also has a plan to beat your cancer. We just wanted to make sure you heard multiple options. Would you like to go with Plumber Bob's Cancer Treatment Plan, or Dr. Johnson's plan?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
20 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

LOVE the two sides to every story quip.

Mam, your cancer is very treatable. Your oncologist, Dr. Johnson, is one of the best in the world, and she put together a plan to beat this thing. We think you have a great shot at leading a normal life again in 6-12 months. 

But remember, there is two sides to every story. So we brought in Bob, who is a plumber with Roto-Rooter. Bob also has a plan to beat your cancer. We just wanted to make sure you heard multiple options. Would you like to go with Plumber Bob's Cancer Treatment Plan, or Dr. Johnson's plan?

7 hours ago, Moiraine said:

125380685_2372901126167860_7033422105512

Minnesota just did this starting last night. The governor held a grim press conference. Talked about how hospitalizations are increasing and that a lot of people are going to die. Then the only restriction to come from the press conference was 10 PM bar closings.

Free flex tape masks for everyone would have been more effective.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, mrandyk said:

Minnesota just did this starting last night. The governor held a grim press conference. Talked about how hospitalizations are increasing and that a lot of people are going to die. Then the only restriction to come from the press conference was 10 PM bar closings.

Free flex tape masks for everyone would have been more effective.

At least Minnesota has a mask mandate. Nebraska doesn't have one. What these state leaders should be doing (and should have been doing a long time ago) is say the bars/restaurants and other businesses can remain open with restrictions, but there is a mask mandate, and then make sure the police are being vigilant about fining people who aren't wearing them.

10 hours ago, GSG said:

Scottsbluff, Nebraska one of the top 10 for number of cases per resident! 

Screenshot_20201113-214859_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e0b4a1fdba08844f0f03aa664a20a9db.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html#hotspots

This chart is not all that surprising. Rural towns don't care about this thing. I know of people in western Nebraska that had the symptoms, just refused to get tested and went on with their lives mask free. People ask why Omaha's hospitals are overrun, even though we do a *decent* job of masking up here - rural folks make up a large portion of those hospitalizations in Omaha. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

This chart is not all that surprising. Rural towns don't care about this thing. I know of people in western Nebraska that had the symptoms, just refused to get tested and went on with their lives mask free. People ask why Omaha's hospitals are overrun, even though we do a *decent* job of masking up here - rural folks make up a large portion of those hospitalizations in Omaha. 

I also think you are seeing people that are "over it", I know I am.  I still wear a mask and clean constantly but I am over it.  I think a lot of people, especially teens and young adults are just over it.  If I was in college (God, I wish!) I would be out and about, drinking and partying with friends.  If I was in HS...forget about, the second I was not around "adults" me and my friends would be doing whatever we wanted. 

• Plus1 1