The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So if we aren’t talking about him developing a vaccine for SARS, which we aren’t cause there wasn’t one,  then you could be referencing an antiviral which means he was CEO of something like Genentech, Merck, one of the previous companies that make up present day AbbVie but that wouldn’t make sense because none were really major companies in the space.  
Or you could be referencing corticosteroids, most likely Dexamethasone which is the most potent.  Then it could be a variety of companies.  

either way, good for him.  As CEO of any of those companies, he would have walked away with $30+million parachute.  People like him work very hard.  I’m not smart enough for a job like that and I couldn’t stomach all the ‘ cost synergies’ decisions they make after mergers. 

I wonder why Bush didn’t make an Operation Warp Speed program?  Same with Obama and H1N1?  

I appreciate your detective work. You're very close in one respect. Hope you understand why I wouldn't want to out him or his company on this board.

But you had implied your circle of influence had given you a more informed perspective on the subject. I'm merely suggesting that you're hiding some dimwitted partisan opinions behind a childish manipulation of the facts. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

@Guy Chamberlin could you provide input into @knapplc and his thoughts on why no SARS vaccine.  I was under the impression that the way SARS diminished was kind of a surprise to the medical and scientific community.   Not so much as the CDC cured it.   Good chance I’m wrong but thought you could provide input from your BIL since he worked closely with Fauci.  

Here you go.

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

@Guy Chamberlin could you provide input into @knapplc and his thoughts on why no SARS vaccine.  I was under the impression that the way SARS diminished was kind of a surprise to the medical and scientific community.   Not so much as the CDC cured it.   Good chance I’m wrong but thought you could provide input from your BIL since he worked closely with Fauci.  

I asked my BIL, who immediately conferred with Dr. Fauci, and the consensus is that "if Archy really wanted an honest answer, he could have found it for himself within minutes."  Fauci's language was a bit more colorful.

Turns out you're not wrong about SARS, but your attempted extrapolations are pure bulls#!t. 

• Plus1 4

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I asked my BIL, who immediately conferred with Dr. Fauci, and the consensus is that "if Archy really wanted an honest answer, he could have found it for himself within minutes."  Fauci's language was a bit more colorful.

Turns out you're not wrong about SARS, but your attempted extrapolations are pure bulls#!t. 

So you are saying I was correct? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

No, he's saying you're lazy and want to remain ignorant by not finding information yourself.

No, he said I wasn’t wrong.  Why so crabby And defensive Blitz?  No one was even talking to you :dunno

I asked a question to someone who had very reliable second hand knowledge about SARS to his perspective and you all get your panties in a wad.  His BIL literally worked with Fauci on a therapy for the disease.  

But hey, at least you felt better and went into your happy place calling someone lazy and ignorant.  Glad you could add your expertise and advance the conversation forward :thumbs

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So you are saying I was correct? 

Yes, oh needy one. The disappearance of SARS was a bit of a mystery to epidemiologists. Just as COVID remains an evolving puzzle. 

But you didn't need me or Dr. Fauci to confirm that. You could have done a :30 Google search. 

Still mystified what your point is. Something about discrediting the CDC? 

• Plus1 1