The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

11 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

No he didn't.  He was using SARCASM to show just how lazy you were...you could have Googled the answer, but instead asked for someone else to do your work for you when EVERYONE knows burden of proof is on the person who claims something to prove...not upon the person NOT MAKING THE CLAIM. 

In spite of this, Knapp actually linked you to proof....but you choose to ignore this.  So, a response dripping with sarcasm was given....which you also ignored and took as a factual response and not a sarcastic one.

So, as I stated...you are too lazy to look yourself and instead ask people here...and you ignore the responses that point you in the right direction.

I feel bad for you man...you keep acting like you're winning even though it's obvious to any logical person that you're not.

“Turns out you're not wrong about SARS” Guy Chamberlain quote 

So yea, he pretty clearly said I wan not wrong.  Knapp didn’t link to proof, he linked to CDC page showing what CDC did to help combat SARS.  It did not say or imply the CDC eradicated SARS so we didn’t need a vaccine.  Not sure why facts are hard for you.  

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

“Turns out you're not wrong about SARS” Guy Chamberlain quote 

So yea, he pretty clearly said I wan not wrong.  Knapp didn’t link to proof, he linked to CDC page showing what CDC did to help combat SARS.  It did not say or imply the CDC eradicated SARS so we didn’t need a vaccine.  Not sure why facts are hard for you.  

fwiw....the H1N1 strain is still with us...it wasn't eradicated.    it's part of our annual flu vaccine program now.

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

F7FED46B-87CB-46B5-A84D-8F5DCB849133.jpeg

Why did you post an image instead of linking the article? Gosh, that's strange. Well, here's the original article (emphasis mine):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/hogan-south-korea-coronavirus-tests/2020/07/16/c0e69ec8-c765-11ea-a99f-3bbdffb1af38_story.html

The emails, obtained by The Post through a Maryland Public Information Act request, provide new details about one domestic distributor’s efforts to supply the state with tests. They were exchanged between the state health department’s deputy director of governmental affairs, Jake Whitaker, and a Maryland-based sales consultant, Rick Vohrer, after the deal with South Korea had already been launched.

Hogan spokesman Michael Ricci has said Maryland signed an agreement for tests with the South Korean company, LabGenomics, on April 2, two weeks after U.S. manufacturers announced they could provide tests domestically, but before Vohrer’s sales pitch.

Ricci said the state reached out to several domestic suppliers in late March, but none could offer the volume and guarantees the state was seeking.

But the bigger question is really: why were individual states having to find and procure covid tests instead of the federal government doing that and distributing them to the regions most in need?

• Plus1 5