The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

7 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Why did you post an image instead of linking the article? Gosh, that's strange. Well, here's the original article (emphasis mine):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/hogan-south-korea-coronavirus-tests/2020/07/16/c0e69ec8-c765-11ea-a99f-3bbdffb1af38_story.html

But the bigger question is really: why were individual states having to find and procure covid tests instead of the federal government doing that and distributing them to the regions most in need?

So now you are defending Larry Hogan of all people?  Just because he is Never Trump.  A good portion of the tests he bought didn’t even work.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

So now you are defending Larry Hogan of all people?  Just because he is Never Trump.  A good portion of the tests he bought didn’t even work.  

20 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I would say it's more a matter of refuting your point than defending Hogan. 

@RedDenver is just calling out bulls#!t.

Correct.

@Archy1221 why did the states have to find and procure covid tests? Why did Trump and his team not coordinate them federally?

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

:movegoalpost:

I love how you don't even address the real issue.

I think the real issue is that Gov Hogan could have had 5 billion tests available and it wouldn’t have mattered.   The capacity to process those tests wasn’t there yet, and that was the main issue.

testing wasn’t fabulous in the beginning. Processing capacity wasn’t fabulous in the beginning.  Doctors treating patients in the beginning wasn’t fabulous.  It was a Novel Virus.  It takes time to develop.  

We have been near the top country of tests per 1,000 people since May and currently blow every other country out to the water in test per 1,000 people. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think the real issue is that Gov Hogan could have had 5 billion tests available and it wouldn’t have mattered.   The capacity to process those tests wasn’t there yet, and that was the main issue.

testing wasn’t fabulous in the beginning. Processing capacity wasn’t fabulous in the beginning.  Doctors treating patients in the beginning wasn’t fabulous.  It was a Novel Virus.  It takes time to develop.  

We have been near the top country of tests per 1,000 people since May and currently blow every other country out to the water in test per 1,000 people. 

So...the tests weren't available from Trump, so a governor goes out and tries to find tests on his own, which didn't work.  But....he's criticized for trying?

And....why didn't Trump work with the WHO to learn from their tests (that were very accurate) to develop ones for here?  He didn't even ask or work with them.  He was too busy promoting the whackadoodle conspiracy theory that they are all part of the world wide deep state that is all wrong with the world.   Meanwhile...they had tests that worked and other countries used them with success.

• Plus1 1

Just now, knapplc said:

Weird how NDJ barely posts here anymore, but this guy is suddenly in every thread, every day.  

I also like how it is a revolving door and almost none of them are in these conversations at the same time. It's almost like a "conservative" voice must always be here to make sure a certain groups voice can be seen in all corners of the internet. Wouldn't want this space filled by generally unchecked thoughtful comments that could leave a certain group looking pretty sour.

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So...the tests weren't available from Trump, so a governor goes out and tries to find tests on his own, which didn't work.  But....he's criticized for trying?

And....why didn't Trump work with the WHO to learn from their tests (that were very accurate) to develop ones for here?  He didn't even ask or work with them.  He was too busy promoting the whackadoodle conspiracy theory that they are all part of the world wide deep state that is all wrong with the world.   Meanwhile...they had tests that worked and other countries used them with success.

He is criticized for not buying the test from an American company that had them available for cheaper at the exact same time as the WAPO article clearly suggests.  

for your second paragraph:  you follow things closely it seems, so you know that it was a CDC decision on why the US didn’t use WHO tests.  Go back and even look at Fauci comments from that time.  
Geesh talk about me moving goalposts, having a narrative, etc...

• Plus1 1