The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Every day I wake up thinking today can't possibly as stupid as yesterday.  And every day I'm wrong.

My prediction: once Orange Foolius gives up the ghost on his overturning the election sham, he'll come out against the vaccinations since the only reason he pushed so hard for them was for re-election.  I mean what else would a malignant narcissist do other than sabotage the country so he looks less incompetent.

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Every day I wake up thinking today can't possibly as stupid as yesterday.  And every day I'm wrong.

My prediction: once Orange Foolius gives up the ghost on his overturning the election sham, he'll come out against the vaccinations since the only reason he pushed so hard for them was for re-election.  I mean what else would a malignant narcissist do other than sabotage the country so he looks less incompetent.

Ugh the dumb hurts.

• Plus1 3

@NebfanaticStone’s crime was lying.  You think that deserves a pre-dawn raid with guns raised and media called to cover it?  

They are investigating a crime here too, we just don’t know what it is yet.  And I think the guns being drawn seems excessive here too.  

It’s concerning that you have such a double standard and are ok with one but not the other just because of your political affiliations.  

Bravo, I guess:dunno

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

They are investigating a crime here too, we just don’t know what it is yet.  

Sure they are. Lying to the FBI is a real crime, not whatever bogus one is being 'investigated' here. Sorry, you aren't going to get any Rodger Stone sympathy from me. A criminal got treated like a criminal, how tragic. He is the real victim in all of this, right? 

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Sure they are. Lying to the FBI is a real crime, not whatever bogus one is being 'investigated' here. Sorry, you aren't going to get any Rodger Stone sympathy from me. A criminal got treated like a criminal, how tragic. He is the real victim in all of this, right? 

Good to know you are the arbiter of what a crime is.  Neither person deserved that type of raid on their home.  Sad you think it was.

I will stop replying Since it’s the Covid thread as to not derail it further.  

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Good to know you are the arbiter of what a crime is.  Neither person deserved that type of raid on their home.  Sad you think it was.

I will stop replying Since it’s the Covid thread as to not derail it further.  

I'm not the arbiter, the actual law is. As far as I know Rodger Stone was convicted of a crime. That means he was guilty. This lady was not convicted of anything in relation to this. So at this moment she is innocent and hasn't committed any crime. How much you want to bet this lady never gets convicted of a crime in relation to this raid?

• Plus1 4

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/01/690305364/fact-check-did-the-fbi-use-unusual-force-when-it-arrested-roger-stone

A number of other legal experts and former law enforcement officials also have responded over the past week, to say Stone's arrest was not out of the ordinary — especially in a case in which prosecutors say they feared Stone might have tried to flee or destroy evidence.

"Was the FBI's show of force too heavy-handed, as has been alleged? Absolutely not," wrote James Gagliano, a former FBI agent, in a column for the Washington Examiner.

"In the FBI, we tend to defuse situations by removing the fight-or-flight inclination, via our overwhelming presence. To arrest one, we bring 10. For 10, we'll bring 100," he also explained.

• Plus1 3
49 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm not the arbiter, the actual law is. As far as I know Rodger Stone was convicted of a crime. That means he was guilty. This lady was not convicted of anything in relation to this. So at this moment she is innocent and hasn't committed any crime. How much you want to bet this lady never gets convicted of a crime in relation to this raid?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonherald.com/2019/01/26/fbis-roger-stone-raid-sends-chilling-message/amp/

he wasn’t convicted of the crime prior to this happening.  Read what prior FBI agents have to say about it. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonherald.com/2019/01/26/fbis-roger-stone-raid-sends-chilling-message/amp/

he wasn’t convicted of the crime prior to this happening.  Read what prior FBI agents have to say about it. 

You are doing alot of work to somehow make this about how Rodger Stone is a victim. I appreciate the effort but at the end of the day he is a convicted felon and this lady is not and likely will not be. Lets revisit in a year and see what charges are brought. 

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You are doing alot of work to somehow make this about how Rodger Stone is a victim. I appreciate the effort but at the end of the day he is a convicted felon and this lady is not and likely will not be. Lets revisit in a year and see what charges are brought. 

I’m making the effort to show no one should be subject to that type of raid unless there is clear worry of a violent act.  Don’t think either person fit that mold.  You seem to think it’s ok in one investigation you like but not one you don’t like.   That’s fine, to each his own.  

• Plus1 1