The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Quick update on this - apparently this guy needs a GoFundMe for his medical care?

I could have sworn some persons on this here website were saying America has the best healthcare system in the world. If it's so great, why would this dude need help paying for medical care?

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Quick update on this - apparently this guy needs a GoFundMe for his medical care?

I could have sworn some persons on this here website were saying America has the best healthcare system in the world. If it's so great, why would this dude need help paying for medical care?

That’s me and It does have the best healthcare system in the world.  

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, knapplc said:

How is it possible that a position this high ranking doesn't have insurance with an out of pocket max?

Also, this is the first I have heard/seen of Covid accelerating diabetes to the point of losing a limb. Is that now a thing?

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

How is it possible that a position this high ranking doesn't have insurance with an out of pocket max?

Also, this is the first I have heard/seen of Covid accelerating diabetes to the point of losing a limb. Is that now a thing?

It’s probably a combination of things, loss of income, therapy, insurance deductible/copay.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

if i recall correctly 1 of the issues with covid is micro clotting (is that the right term?)   and diabetics have circulation issues...so i can see it accelerating the diabetes

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

"Depending on whether enough people can be persuaded to get inoculated, he said, it could be "sometime by the end of March, the beginning of April, that the normal healthy man and woman in the street who has no underlying conditions would likely get it."" 

Key words depending on how many can be persuaded