The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

What kind of nonsense is it to demand "proof" that you can't spread COVID after you've been vaccinated? We've been vaccinating people for less than a month.

That's just disingenuous conversation. It needs to stop.

We don't know yet if you can still spread the virus after you've been vaccinated. Some experts think so. So why not wear a mask for a while afterwards? How does that harm you? And why does that need to be an argument?

we still wear our masks.    state regulation says we have to wear them around the daycare and i still wear my mask every where i go.    i don't want to take any chance pf giving  what i had to anyone.    it was miserable.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Can't wait to hear what lame excuse comes next. 

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

So, not quite like seeing a unicorn. 

More like Bigfoot.

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Your article seems to agree with me.

Scientists are keenly interested in cases like hers, which are still rare but on the rise.’

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Still waiting for the re-infection rate.  Or was that article the first one to come up when you went to googledotcom 

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Wat?

Are you referring to trials? Only small numbers were vaccinated (half with placebos).

Correct. And there is data on those people that our health experts continue to follow.  Soon we will have extended data on millions of people.  

Currently the data shows it is rare to be re-infected twice. If there is data that shows otherwise, I would love to see it. 

Maybe it’s possible there are meant more and those getting re-infected are asymptomatic or very very mild symptoms and just don’t get tested a second time. Possible, but there isn’t data to support that in a meaningful way. 

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Correct. And there is data on those people that our health experts continue to follow.  Soon we will have extended data on millions of people.  

Currently the data shows it is rare to be re-infected twice. If there is data that shows otherwise, I would love to see it. 

Maybe it’s possible there are meant more and those getting re-infected are asymptomatic or very very mild symptoms and just don’t get tested a second time. Possible, but there isn’t data to support that in a meaningful way. 

We have a disease that has killed nearly 12 times more people than the common flu does each year ~400,000 vs ~35,000

We have a disease that is highly infectious

Covid-19 hasn't even been in the US for a full year yet

We haven't even had a vaccine for more than a couple months, let alone distributed it to a large percentage of the population yet

We don't know how long people maintain their immunity after they have recovered or been vaccinated

Just because you or someone you know had the disease or was vaccinated doesn't mean you aren't going to get this damn disease later. If the current trend of vaccine distribution continues we might still have a large portion of the population (people who want it) who haven't been vaccinated by summer. By that time, you or that person you know may no longer be immune. Do everybody a favor and do your part and stop being so damn selfish. If somebody can't adapt to wearing a mask so we can get through this f****** disease until we can get a large percentage of the population immune through vaccination, then those people are a$$holes. Everybody should be trying to sprint through the finish line instead of walking towards the line thinking the disease is way behind them. 

We don't know enough about this novel disease and vaccine to get complacent thinking we don't need to take basic precautions of wearing a simple goddamn mask.

Some people need to stop being ignorant little b******. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So you'll be cool to keep wearing a mask until all the data is in and we know about reinfection rates.

Cool.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

So you'll be cool to keep wearing a mask until all the data is in and we know about reinfection rates.

Cool.

I haven’t been infected yet that I know of and won’t be eligible to be vaccinated till late spring from the looks of things.  I’m cool wearing a mask till then.  
Im also cool wearing a mask at work until my company or customers till me it’s not necessary in their clinics.  I’m also cool with wearing a mask in any store that mandates it.  

All the data will never be in until the virus is eradicated, but I will be happy with most current data published 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

I haven’t been infected yet that I know of and won’t be eligible to be vaccinated till late spring from the looks of things.  I’m cool wearing a mask till then.  
Im also cool wearing a mask at work until my company or customers till me it’s not necessary in their clinics.  I’m also cool with wearing a mask in any store that mandates it.  

Awesome. I think everyone's going to appreciate your pro-mask stance going forward. You're a good person.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

The point of wearing a mask after vaccination or infection/recovery is that it is still unknown whether or not you can then be a carrier at a later date from another exposure even though your immune response is still strong enough to prevent disease.

In other words it's about not becoming a silent spreader.  

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

The point of wearing a mask after vaccination or infection/recovery is that it is still unknown whether or not you can then be a carrier at a later date from another exposure even though your immune response is still strong enough to prevent disease.

In other words it's about not becoming a silent spreader.  

They don’t even have an efficacy rate for preventing the disease yet. The 95% efficacy is for getting bad symptoms. The efficacy for prevention could be high. they just don’t know yet. 

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Where doesn't it make sense?

Outside and not right next to someone for a prolonged period of time, inside my home and 6 feel away from a friend or neighbor, with my immediate family in my home, with my extended family when they are asymptomatic or have already had the disease and recovered or vaccinated, when I’m alone in my car or with my family, in my hotel rooms.  

• Plus1 2