The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

On 1/20/2021 at 9:53 AM, knapplc said:

My lone suggestion to anyone wavering - get the vaccine. Don't go through this if you don't have to. 

AMEN!   i was diagnosed 3 weeks ago and still very lethargic and the  headaches are still a problem for me.   do everything you can to avoid this crap.  i've lost 2 friends to this disease so far and i know someone else in the hospital right now on oxygen.    please do what you can to protect yourself and others.   

• Thanks 3

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

That is not a plan. Those are aspirational goals. There are no logistics, nothing.

1.6 million vaccinations done on a day Biden says he wants to do 1 million per day for the next 100 days.  What’s the Biden plan?  Just keep doing what we are doing except slow the growth rate of injections?   Sounds legit.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

1.6 million vaccinations done on a day Biden says he wants to do 1 million per day for the next 100 days.  What’s the Biden plan?  Just keep doing what we are doing except slow the growth rate of injections?   Sounds legit.  

Well now, Mr. Critical- can you say that the supply of vaccine is adequate to ensure that we can maintain 1.6 million per day going forward? - The pace of production has to keep up with the pace of delivery. Just because we had enough supply to do 1.6 million on a single day does not mean supply will continue at that rate. 

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Well now, Mr. Critical- can you say that the supply of vaccine is adequate to ensure that we can maintain 1.6 million per day going forward? - The pace of production has to keep up with the pace of delivery. Just because we had enough supply to do 1.6 million on a single day does not mean supply will continue at that rate. 

Supply is the most important aspect.  That’s a Pfizer and Moderna component.  AZ and JJ will likely soon come on line.  The average last week was something like 900,000 or so.  
To say Biden wants to average less than 10% more injections per week three months from now on a process that is in its very beginning of growth stage is not really saying you have a grand plan while also saying there was nothing in place before I got here.  

Vaccinations got off to a slow start for sure.  I definitely wish the number of injections was already higher and the process was more buttoned up.  Trump admin deserves criticism for that.  

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

So why did Biden have to invoke the Defense Supply Act to prioritize logistics?  Shouldn't Trump have done that  long time ago if his plan was so brilliant?  Also, why is there no reserves for a 2nd wave of doses?

The fact that the Act hadn't been invoked and the fact that there were no planned logistics for a second wave of vaccinations shows the plan was half cooked at best.

Most states haven’t injected even 60% of their respective stockpile that they have on hand.  

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Supply is the most important aspect.  That’s a Pfizer and Moderna component.  AZ and JJ will likely soon come on line.  The average last week was something like 900,000 or so.  
To say Biden wants to average less than 10% more injections per week three months from now on a process that is in its very beginning of growth stage is not really saying you have a grand plan while also saying there was nothing in place before I got here.  

Vaccinations got off to a slow start for sure.  I definitely wish the number of injections was already higher and the process was more buttoned up.  Trump admin deserves criticism for that.  

yes, supply is the most important aspect.  But, as was mentioned yesterday by the administration, it's not just the supply of vaccine.  It's everything that's needed to administer the injections like syringes, PPE, staff, organization, logistics...etc.  Many of those aspects have sucked.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

yes, supply is the most important aspect.  But, as was mentioned yesterday by the administration, it's not just the supply of vaccine.  It's everything that's needed to administer the injections like syringes, PPE, staff, organization, logistics...etc.  Many of those aspects have sucked.

I can only speak for what I personally see and stories that I see.  I cover 5 states for work in clinics that use as many needles as probably any other type of specialty or clinic.  There is no worry about needle shortage by those clinics nor do I see stories about a coming needle shortage.  
PPE does not seem to be in short supply either, again, basing this on where I work and the lack of news stories saying it’s unavailable.  Staffing has been an issue at times because of those out with Covid.   Logistics and Organization is the opportunity area to get things running better.  States are too rigid sticking to the CDC recommendations for priority. Fed Gov not providing better logistics.  Mass vaccination clinics etc.  All my opinion  

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

You answered NONE of my questions I posed to you and gave an answer to a question I didn't ask.  Well done you.

Maybe because the questions were not worth responding to.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/01/21/health/covid-vaccine-supply-biden.amp.html

President Biden said he would use the Defense Production Act to increase supply. Will that help?

Vaccine experts and the companies themselves have said that at least in the short term, using the Defense Production Act will not significantly increase supply, although every little bit could help. That’s because manufacturing facilities are already at or near capacity, and there is a worldwide race to develop vaccines that use a finite amount of resources.

Although the Trump administration was criticized for not using the Defense Production Act more aggressively to ramp up production of testing supplies and protective gear, it did use the act many times to give vaccine manufacturers priority access to suppliers of raw ingredients and equipment.

• Plus1 1