The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

54 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The are time delays involved in getting the vaccine produced, distributed, injected, repeat for second dose, and then the time for the vaccine to be effective. I think it's a poor choice of words by Biden, but it makes sense since he can't just snap his fingers and make a pandemic go away.

I think everyone understands the Vaccine timeline, but Joe’s almost entire campaign was ran on doing things to combat the virus that Trump wasn’t doing and making things better.  He flat out said nothing can be done to make things better in the next few months.  In 4 months the US will look drastically different by vaccine alone.  

Im actually dumbstruck that he would say this or admit it.  What’s the point of his federal mask mandate if things won’t get better?  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I think everyone understands the Vaccine timeline, but Joe’s almost entire campaign was ran on doing things to combat the virus that Trump wasn’t doing and making things better.  He flat out said nothing can be done to make things better in the next few months.  In 4 months the US will look drastically different by vaccine alone.  

Im actually dumbstruck that he would say this or admit it.  What’s the point of his federal mask mandate if things won’t get better?  

Yes, Trump f&$ked things up so bad, it will take 4 months to get tonthe point that nee efforts make a difference. 

• Plus1 2

trump had a year to eff this whole thing up, and did nothing the final two months of his failed era. The pandemic is an unchecked wreck because of it.

This stooge Drew Holden says nary a peep about trump's last two months of failed leadership, but now he's all over Biden for telling us the reality of the situation 72 hours into his Presidency.

Seems legit for the outrage machine.

• Plus1 3
13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

trump had a year to eff this whole thing up, and did nothing the final two months of his failed era. The pandemic is an unchecked wreck because of it.

This stooge Drew Holden says nary a peep about trump's last two months of failed leadership, but now he's all over Biden for telling us the reality of the situation 72 hours into his Presidency.

Less than 10 days ago Biden tweeted the opposite of what he is saying now?  What changed in ten days besides us actually hitting the peak of Covid 

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

He’s actually not a Trump voter:dunno  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Less than 10 days ago Biden tweeted the opposite of what he is saying now?  What changed in ten days besides us actually hitting the peak of Covid 

Getting in office and realizing how totally effed trump's non-response is.  Since trump's "team" wouldn't share any information with Team Biden I can totally understand that his task force wouldn't know just how bad it really was.

Just now, Archy1221 said:

He’s actually not a Trump voter:dunno  

No one said he was.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He said some positive things about what the curve looks like in the past week but also said it wasn’t certain yet it was flattening. That said with a flattening curve we still have 191k cases and 3.7k deaths per day. 

Nothing about this all being over November 4th?

• Plus1 1
On 1/21/2021 at 9:05 PM, Archy1221 said:

More people were vaccinated on Wednesday than Biden’s actual daily goal three months from now  :dunno

How many of those vaccinated work in facilities that can easily administer a vaccine? How many of those vaccinated are incredibly high risk and eager for a shot?

It's going to get a hell of a lot harder to vaccinate 1 million Americans in any given day when you are trying to get the general public at large to do this. You are fighting exponentially more complicated logistics, peoples' work schedules, accessibility concerns, and perhaps biggest of all, the apathy and beliefs of the American people.

Let's set aside the tens of millions of anti-science and political cultists and use me as an example. I'm 29 years old, work M-F 8-5, haven't seen a doctor since I was 18 because I have zero health concerns, no one I know has had even minor complications from the virus, and I've welcomed contracting Covid just for the break from work. I'm not afraid of this thing at all. How do you convince me to get the vaccine? I believe that I will be just fine without it and don't particularly care to use my limited free time or PTO to go do something I don't have to. Are you expecting me to get this shot TWICE just to help some faceless people?

I will be getting the vaccine when I can, because I do understand the importance despite lack of personal fear of the virus. I imagine it will be relatively easy whenever that time may come, given that I live in the Twin Cities. There will probably be several vaccination sites that are convenient for me. What about those who don't live in a major metropolitan area? How do you effectively roll this out to rural America given the specialized storage and transportation needs of the vaccine? How do you convince those isolated people to get vaccinated?

I really wish you'd think critically about the issues we face as a nation instead of just spewing s#!t everywhere.

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

It's going to get a hell of a lot harder to vaccinate 1 million Americans in any given day...

What about those who don't live in a major metropolitan area? How do you effectively roll this out to rural America given the specialized storage and transportation needs of the vaccine? How do you convince those isolated people to get vaccinated?

I have these questions as well. I have lots of family in the North Central part of the State. They live in the Sandhills in small towns that have not been impacted much, and virtually no one wears a mask. How does the vaccine get to them, and (in their minds) why would they take it?