The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

I remember in March of 2020 when most of Nebraska closed schools because of a couple cases of community spread.

I also remember when most schools in Nebraska returned to full in person learning in August when the virus was raging in Nebraska.

A lot of this “opening and closing” doesn’t make any sense.  If California and Michigan finally feel safe to open, whatever the reasons may be, good for them!

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I remember in March of 2020 when most of Nebraska closed schools because of a couple cases of community spread.

I also remember when most schools in Nebraska returned to full in person learning in August when the virus was raging in Nebraska.

A lot of this “opening and closing” doesn’t make any sense.  If California and Michigan finally feel safe to open, whatever the reasons may be, good for them!

Political posturing be damned! Open. Those. Doors!

• Plus1 1
Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Political posturing be damned! Open. Those. Doors!

I’ve never understood why people thought it would be politically beneficial for Dems to shut down economies without valid reason.  Seems like a horrible idea to me.

Maybe one of the “many” leftist liberals of HB could explain it to me :lol:

22 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Not sure the bold is accurate. And, regardless, nowhere near the current state of cases in California

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that they waited until after Biden was in office to open things back up in Michigan and California. The virus is as prevalent as ever in this country.

You're working pretty hard at this.  Congrats.

Pssst....not everything is a conspiracy.

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Yeah the opening and closing flip flopping was and has been crazy.

My biggest issue is that kids don't get tested, kids lie about who they were with, kids don't feel sick, kids are bad with masks (once out of the school), kids are bad with distancing and most kids want to be in the building.  

So now you have tons of germy kids in the building, spreading it to each other and to adults, but since they are either not feeling sick, not getting tested and/or not being honest about their mask use and distancing none of the data really matters.  

When I was a kid I was sick, fever and upset stomach.  BUT I wanted to have a sleepover at my cousins.  So I put a cold towel on my forehead and let my mom feel that I was "fine"...I got in my uncles van (no windows and lots of candy, I now wonder if. he was really my uncle) and guess what, I threw up all over his van.

But I was going to do all I. could to make sure I got to have a sleepover.  

• Haha 1