The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah the opening and closing flip flopping was and has been crazy.

My biggest issue is that kids don't get tested, kids lie about who they were with, kids don't feel sick, kids are bad with masks (once out of the school), kids are bad with distancing and most kids want to be in the building.  

So now you have tons of germy kids in the building, spreading it to each other and to adults, but since they are either not feeling sick, not getting tested and/or not being honest about their mask use and distancing none of the data really matters.  

When I was a kid I was sick, fever and upset stomach.  BUT I wanted to have a sleepover at my cousins.  So I put a cold towel on my forehead and let my mom feel that I was "fine"...I got in my uncles van (no windows and lots of candy, I now wonder if. he was really my uncle) and guess what, I threw up all over his van.

But I was going to do all I. could to make sure I got to have a sleepover.  

Takeaway:. You were a weird, traumatized little kid.  

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, I just thought it was a funny joke.

People's outrage over California Governor opening things back up is a pretty funny joke too.

The outrage isn’t that he is opening up.  The outrage is he closed in the first place and now is opening for political reasons. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Seems like a perfect time to be outraged over something that the data doesn't back up.

Good job.

Ummm yeah it does.  Did your friend link to outdoor dining Covid contact tracing data?  Did he/she link to data that shows current ICU capacity is above the threshold of when the order went into place?   Not that I’ve seen posted.   Good job not looking into it before passing judgement. 

wasn’t too hard to find. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-gavin-newsom-regional-stay-home-order-southern-california-icu-capacity-zero-percent-1564154%3famp=1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7news.com/amp/ca-covid-updates-california-stay-at-home-order-greater-sacramento/9911586

California Gov. Gavin Newsom has from the start said his coronavirus policy decisions would be driven by data shared with the public to provide maximum transparency.

But with the state starting to emerge from its worst surge, his administration won't disclose key information that will help determine when his latest stay-at-home order is lifted.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Not sure the bold is accurate. And, regardless, nowhere near the current state of cases in California

Nebraska was in much, much worse shape in August compared to March, April and May when schools were closed.  What is inaccurate about that?  I also never claimed our numbers to be close to California's.

29 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Nebraska was in much, much worse shape in August compared to March, April and May when schools were closed.  What is inaccurate about that?  I also never claimed our numbers to be close to California's.

I believe our highest point for the year was in April? I know that August was around/below 200 per day. Seems like we were top 5 in the Nation in April or May. 

And, if course I didn't mean actual numbers compared to California, but overall situation as far as opening or shutting down is what I was referring to.