The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I believe our highest point for the year was in April? I know that August was around/below 200 per day. Seems like we were top 5 in the Nation in April or May. 

And, if course I didn't mean actual numbers compared to California, but overall situation as far as opening or shutting down is what I was referring to. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+cases+in+nebraska&rlz=1C1GCEV_en&oq=covid+cases+in+nebraska&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7j0i395j0i395i457.4501j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Looking at the numbers, my memory was off.  I remembered late summer being much worse.   I'll concede that August wasn't as bad, just similar.

But October 1st through the middle of December was much worse than last Spring.  Our current 7-day average of new cases is almost double what it was at the highest point last spring.

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, funhusker said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+cases+in+nebraska&rlz=1C1GCEV_en&oq=covid+cases+in+nebraska&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7j0i395j0i395i457.4501j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Looking at the numbers, my memory was off.  I remembered late summer being much worse.   I'll concede that August wasn't as bad, just similar.

But October 1st through the middle of December was much worse than last Spring.  Our current 7-day average of new cases is almost double what it was at the highest point last spring.

Thanks for the link. They opened based on the low numbers of the summer and early fall. I certainly expected them to send kids home after Thanksgiving, but luckily the spike had already passed. 

And, I have a jinky memory sometimes as well. Certainly has nothing to do with age, amirite? 

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Newsom issued the stay-at-home order on November 19.

3Z05nVU.png

I get that everyone wants to be outraged over this, but...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Weird that you don’t tell the whole story again I get that you want Newsome to be a hero to the left but :dunno

https://la.eater.com/2020/12/3/22150413/california-stay-home-order-lockdown-shutdown-los-angeles-restaurants-news-new?_gl=1*1jxob7d*

The program, which Newsom detailed in a live press conference today, December 3, means that Southern California residents (and indeed much of the state) could be under the strictest lockdown orders once again in as little as a few days.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Weird that you don’t tell the whole story again I get that you want Newsome to be a hero to the left but :dunno

https://la.eater.com/2020/12/3/22150413/california-stay-home-order-lockdown-shutdown-los-angeles-restaurants-news-new?_gl=1*1jxob7d*

The program, which Newsom detailed in a live press conference today, December 3, means that Southern California residents (and indeed much of the state) could be under the strictest lockdown orders once again in as little as a few days.

What "whole story" do you think this is telling us?

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Where did he say that?

Obviously nowhere. It's just another of Archy's personal attacks.

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, earlier I showed you that the daily positive cases are dropping.  That's a prequel to hospitalizations dropping.  So.....the feel comfortable opening some areas back up.

You're really trying hard to have an....AH HA..GOTCHA moment....and it's failing.

LOL. You are trying really hard to not look at the data, what Newsome’s decision was based off of and where the state currently is with said data numbers.  
you are trying hard to be right I will concede that much. If Newsome ever needs a press secretary you should apply :D

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

LOL. You are trying really hard to not look at the data, what Newsome’s decision was based off of and where the state currently is with said data numbers.  
you are trying hard to be right I will concede that much. If Newsome ever needs a press secretary you should apply :D

Nope, I'm not a Newsome fan.  But.....I also don't need to work so hard to try to find fault.

12 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Thanks for the link. They opened based on the low numbers of the summer and early fall. I certainly expected them to send kids home after Thanksgiving, but luckily the spike had already passed. 

And, I have a jinky memory sometimes as well. Certainly has nothing to do with age, amirite? 

We were fully expecting to be sent home again as soon as Labor Day.  Our back to school meetings were all via Zoom.  And all messages were the same: focus on relationships and make sure all students understood how to use online resources the first week and a half of the year.  It just seemed like they were setting it up to get kids chromebooks and any necessary materials to not have to come back after Labor Day.  I'm glad we are "in person", but it's just seems crazy to think we are in "good shape" now but were in full panic mode in the Spring.

But I'd also expect that the more things we learn, the more targeted closings should be.