The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

LOL. You are trying really hard to not look at the data, what Newsome’s decision was based off of and where the state currently is with said data numbers.  
you are trying hard to be right I will concede that much. If Newsome ever needs a press secretary you should apply :D

3Z05nVU.png

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Nope, I'm not a Newsome fan.  But.....I also don't need to work so hard to try to find fault.

I'm no Newsom fan either. Archy struggling really hard to find something to link to Biden. It's majorly undercut by the lockdown coming AFTER the election though.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

We were fully expecting to be sent home again as soon as Labor Day.  Our back to school meetings were all via Zoom.  And all messages were the same: focus on relationships and make sure all students understood how to use online resources the first week and a half of the year.  It just seemed like they were setting it up to get kids chromebooks and any necessary materials to not have to come back after Labor Day.  I'm glad we are "in person", but it's just seems crazy to think we are in "good shape" now but were in full panic mode in the Spring.

But I'd also expect that the more things we learn, the more targeted closings should be.

Yep!

I was thinking Labor Day too, I think we even posted our thoughts about that back then.  Now OPS is about to go all back in...after all their students have been dicking around during the day and weekends without masks and not distancing.  

I coach a winter sport and there is no distancing (well, in Lincoln they were more strict about it) at all.  Masks, sure, but zero distancing.  

Oh but they did decide not to have coaches hospitality rooms because of Covid, f#&%ers!

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm no Newsom fan either. Archy struggling really hard to find something to link to Biden. It's majorly undercut by the lockdown coming AFTER the election though.

Hey there.   I’m not linking anything to Biden.   I’m linking it to Newsome and his potential recall.  Guess I underestimated how clear that was.  

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

crazy to think we are in "good shape" now but were in full panic mode in the Spring.

But I'd also expect that the more things we learn, the more targeted closings should be.

It was all new and unknown in March and April.

Agreed. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Hey there.   I’m not linking anything to Biden.   I’m linking it to Newsome and his potential recall.  Guess I underestimated how clear that was.  

I thought it was you, but I looked back and it was BB Hemingway that was trying hard to link to Biden.

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

i wonder if i could bottle covid and market it to far right extremists.   that has to be a solid market.   a big ole bottle of freedom loving  covid.   don't let the demoncrats tell you it can hurt you.   complete with body aches, cough, never ending headaches, vomiting, hershy squirts, and if you are extremely lucky....death.   all for only $1.99 per bottle.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, commando said:

i wonder if i could bottle covid and market it to far right extremists.   that has to be a solid market.   a big ole bottle of freedom loving  covid.   don't let the demoncrats tell you it can hurt you.   complete with body aches, cough, never ending headaches, vomiting, hershy squirts, and if you are extremely lucky....death.   all for only $1.99 per bottle.

Bunch of toddlers playing with a loaded gun. The next future variant might kill a lot of them. Unfortunately, they might take a lot of people who care with them. 

• Plus1 1