The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

8 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

My district is doing the JJ shot as well, but I don't know when I'm going to be able to get it yet. HyVee is doing signups for teachers too, so I might just pop in there and get whichever of the two-shot variety they're giving. 

I’m signed up for my JJ shot on Monday. Any talk about unusual side affects from the single dose? I was diagnosed with cancer in January and I don’t think I’ll be able to get I touch with my doctor by my appointment time. And I don’t necessarily trust Googling the question anymore. Maybe I’ll try Reddit 

13 hours ago, krc1995 said:

I’m signed up for my JJ shot on Monday. Any talk about unusual side affects from the single dose? I was diagnosed with cancer in January and I don’t think I’ll be able to get I touch with my doctor by my appointment time. And I don’t necessarily trust Googling the question anymore. Maybe I’ll try Reddit 

I have not heard of any side effects from the JJ shot, but I literally got the info for it yesterday, and am going to get it tomorrow. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I have not heard of any side effects from the JJ shot, but I literally got the info for it yesterday, and am going to get it tomorrow. 

I'm also getting it tomorrow and my kids have have 6 basketball games on Sunday between the 3 of them.  I'm hoping I can help shuttle kids around...

13 hours ago, krc1995 said:

It might kick your butt for a day. Your body will create a immune response and you could get chills, fever, fatigue. I had chills for a day after moderna. Are you on chemo? My only concern would be the affects of chemo impairing the immune response. If you're on chemo I'd give your doc a ring and just make sure everything is okay. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Good lord, I am signed up with two places, over a week ago, no one has got back to me yet!  Hahha

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is entirely where I am at. I know someone who has been fully vaccinated and has been trying to go see her mother in a nursing home for the first time in a year, the facility is also fully vaccinated workers included. They finally are letting them visit outside for an hour and they are limited to 1 hug during the hour. Idk what scientific study said that is the limit, but whatever.

I get that there still need to be some organization while opening back up and it shouldn't be a flip of the switch, but if the vaccine actually works we need to act like it does at some point and start moving past this. As more people get the shot the willingness to participate with the lockdown will decrease and I worry it may deter people from getting it if their lives won't change with or without it.