The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 hours ago, Scarlet said:

The old "it's just the flu" goldie revisited for anyone pining for the wisdom of our ex-Dear Leader.

This type of thinking is why not enough people will take climate change seriously. Not dealing with it will cost a lot more $ and a lot more lives, but people lack foresight. (Or, if they don't lack foresight, they are only worried about their near future political/career aspirations so they don't care what's going to happen in 30 years).

• Plus1 2

16 hours ago, Moiraine said:

This type of thinking is why not enough people will take climate change seriously. Not dealing with it will cost a lot more $ and a lot more lives, but people lack foresight. (Or, if they don't lack foresight, they are only worried about their near future political/career aspirations so they don't care what's going to happen in 30 years).

Good point.   I wonder if there has been any recent reports showing any correlation between climate change and the slow down of the world's economies due to covid??

Less travel by all means,  closed businesses, etc - I wonder if we have slowed the growth of climate change?

• Plus1 1

Germany talks about a 3rd wave happening now.  Here in the USA red state governors seem to be in a race to see who is most anti-lockdown, Trumpian of them all. My governor, Stitt of Oklahoma, just removed all state restrictions today.    Our local Tulsa County Health Dept Commissioner did one of these in an interview this morning::facepalm:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/12/germany-declares-a-covid-third-wave-has-begun-italy-set-for-easter-lockdown.html

On 3/11/2021 at 7:35 PM, Scarlet said:

We all knew Deathantis was cooking the books.  The mechanisms of a virus and how it spreads is pretty straightforward.  You can't pack bars, restaurants, and not wear masks and not pay the price.  But "muh freedum"

Is there a link to the John’s Hopkins study?  Or a link to the article discussing the study 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

“I won’t be taking it. The survival rate is too high for me to want it,” 25-year-old Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) told Axios in December.

This rookie is an absolute menace on top of being science challenged.   Any wagers on the political leanings of the other 25% who refuse to get vaccinated?

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

“I won’t be taking it. The survival rate is too high for me to want it,” 25-year-old Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) told Axios in December.

This rookie is an absolute menace on top of being science challenged.   Any wagers on the political leanings of the other 25% who refuse to get vaccinated?

Smh

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/03/15/150-spring-breakers-arrested-amid-party-chaos-in-miami-beach/amp/

Thank you Governor Deathantis for encouraging me to mutate so that I may be able to get around the current vaccines which were so close to sending my a$$ into obscurity and allowing the human species the chance to get back to some sort of normal life.  Without you, or other pinheaded governors, I may have never had another chance to send 100,000s of Americans to their grave prematurely.

Best wishes and see you soon,

SARS

18 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/03/15/150-spring-breakers-arrested-amid-party-chaos-in-miami-beach/amp/

Thank you Governor Deathantis for encouraging me to mutate so that I may be able to get around the current vaccines which were so close to sending my a$$ into obscurity and allowing the human species the chance to get back to some sort of normal life.  Without you, or other pinheaded governors, I may have never had another chance to send 100,000s of Americans to their grave prematurely.

Best wishes and see you soon,

SARS

Did you ever find that Florida John’s Hopkins study by chance.  I can’t seem to locate it.  

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Did you ever find that Florida John’s Hopkins study by chance.  I can’t seem to locate it.  

Did you ever come up with an explanation why Republicans never said a peep about Trump's sexual predation while a whole host of Democrats have asked Cuomo to resign? I can't seem to locate it.

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Did you ever come up with an explanation why Republicans never said a peep about Trump's sexual predation while a whole host of Democrats have asked Cuomo to resign? I can't seem to locate it.

Sure.  After the access Hollywood tape came out, tons of Republicans and the RNC were wanting Trump to drop out.  

As far as the allegations by the women, (going by memory so you look them up if you want)  I believe they were almost all 20-30 year old encounters that no one could prove and we all he said/she said with no evidence.  We don’t hear about them anymore and I wonder why since he isn’t President now and I would think he could be investigated.  Though admittedly I don’t know the statute of limitations in each state. 

Coumo’s allegations are mostly within the last 2 years and one or two have potential witnesses.  For me personally, he should have his investigations go forward on those.  

So about that John’s Hopkins article/data set.  You know where I can find it? 

• Plus1 2