The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

38 minutes ago, funhusker said:

An aside: I've never understood the whole "you only live once" as an excuse to do stupid stuff.

If we only live once, shouldn't we make sure it lasts as long as possible???

The YOLO is originally derived from carpe diem phrase by Horace. Which in context is, work hard today because the future isn't a given without the presence/work today.

In Horace, the phrase is part of the longer carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero, which is often translated as "Seize the day, put very little trust in tomorrow (the future)". The ode says that the future is unforeseen and that one should not leave to chance future happenings, but rather one should do all one can today to make one's own future better. This phrase is usually understood against Horace's Epicurean background.[7] It has been argued that the meaning of carpe diem as used by Horace is not to ignore the future, but rather not to trust that everything is going to fall into place for you and taking action for the future today.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpe_diem

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2021 at 12:31 PM, knapplc said:

I was afraid President Biden's arm would get tired when he promised to vaccinate one million people per day. Now this! 

In September President Trump said the vaccines were ready to roll out. 

September, Sir.

I guess you (ignore) forgot that, sir.

And you would believe Der Biden is due this credit now, lol.  It's sad. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, admo said:

In September President Trump said the vaccines were ready to roll out. 

September, Sir.

I guess you (ignore) forgot that, sir.

And you would believe Der Biden is due this credit now, lol.  It's sad. 

What?

• Plus1 3

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have no clue what that post was about.  

Under the Trump adminstration the vaccine role out did begin, and it was setup pretty good when Biden took over. There's no denying that.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Under the Trump adminstration the vaccine role out did begin, and it was setup pretty good when Biden took over. There's no denying that.

Yep and People who are not Biden supporters in general should be willing and able to give Biden administration credit for building on that initial success and getting us to where we are.  Herd immunity through vaccine was projected back in December by Azar to be reached sometime between Easter and beginning of summer.  Looks like we might be able to hit that mark. 

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, ZRod said:

Yes, Trump notably even went as far as to use the Defense Production Act to ensure that we used our resources to produce vaccines as quickly as possible.

You also have to laud the guidance provided to states to assist in the rollout and logistics involved.

And how could we forget the massive PSA campaign he underwent to convince everyone that the vaccine is necessary to achieve herd immunity?

One thing we can be sure of though, is that Operation Warp Speed produced the modern miracle of a vaccine. It is simply a coincidence that multiple companies driven by capitalism, in multiple countries, simultaneously broke through with their own versions of this miracle.

Truly, I can't fathom how much worse off we would be without Trump. Biden is clearly just riding that train of leadership. We all know how closely the two administrations worked together in transition and the results show it.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

Yes, Trump notably even went as far as to use the Defense Production Act to ensure that we used our resources to produce vaccines as quickly as possible.

You also have to laud the guidance provided to states to assist in the rollout and logistics involved.

And how could we forget the massive PSA campaign he underwent to convince everyone that the vaccine is necessary to achieve herd immunity?

One thing we can be sure of though, is that Operation Warp Speed produced the modern miracle of a vaccine. It is simply a coincidence that multiple companies driven by capitalism, in multiple countries, simultaneously broke through with their own versions of this miracle.

Truly, I can't fathom how much worse off we would be without Trump. Biden is clearly just riding that train of leadership. We all know how closely the two administrations worked together in transition and the results show it.

Was anything I said inaccurate? The CDC and FDA under the Trump administration worked to fast track these vaccines. Biden is reaping the benefits of that just as much if not more than Trump did. We were on our way to the 100 million doses in the first 100 days before inaguration day. It's just the truth.

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Was anything I said inaccurate? The CDC and FDA under the Trump administration worked to fast track these vaccines. Biden is reaping the benefits of that just as much if not more than Trump did. We were on our way to the 100 million doses in the first 100 days before inaguration day. It's just the truth.

Go ahead and tell us what you think the Trump administration did. Act like a bunch of profit driven companies only made vaccines because of him? All while actively undermining anything that would mitigate the pandemic? We all know Trump famously went on TV to get the vaccine to help convince his cult that it's both safe and a responsible thing to do.

• Plus1 1