The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

10 hours ago, knapplc said:

Got my first shot of Pfizer on Saturday. Yesterday felt exactly like having Covid again. Weak, tired, SUPER thirsty, tingling in fingers, the whole thing.  Slept like a stone last night, and other than feeling exhausted today, I'm thinking I'm over it.

They said our first shot would be different than most people because we have recently had Covid. I hope round two is lighter than this. 

Yikes that's awful to hear.  Praying for you brother.  Glad you got the vaccine shot.  From my circle, the 2nd shot should be nothing like it in comparison.

Until then, rub some dirt on it! ;):) jk jk.. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, admo said:

Yikes that's awful to hear.  Praying for you brother.  Glad you got the vaccine shot.  From my circle, the 2nd shot should be nothing like it in comparison.

Until then, rub some dirt on it! ;):) jk jk.. 

That's all we can do, just grin & bear it and rub some dirt on it.

Thanks for the well-wishes. I'm feeling MUCH better today than yesterday, and if it keeps getting better at this rate tomorrow I should be fine.

lol

The decision by Texas to end its statewide mask mandate continues to have financial implications for event-based businesses, The Texas Tribune writes. Gov. Greg Abbott's call on masks was lamented by public health experts who countered "it was too soon" for the move, as very few Texans had received the coronavirus vaccination. Now, Austin's Hilton hotel says that at least four organizations have canceled conferences or conventions in the city, "citing health concerns." The cancellations have cost the hotel some $350,000 in revenue.

“These were rooms that were already on the books, and largely what we saw was fallout, ironically, from the governor opening the economy,” said Joe Bolash, Hilton Austin general manager. “It was groups that were not comfortable returning to a fully opened economy where there was no mask mandate in place.”

https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/mask-mandate-ban-hurts-texas-events-5040180/

7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

So these groups were morally fine with scheduling their events months ago and inviting people from all over the place to meet for a convention then travel back home, but the mask thing which they could have told their attendees to adhere by was the straw that broke their back?

Seems like a good way to try and get out of a financial agreement where your attendance was going to be terrible and bail on your block of rooms.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

How many times have you proven that you are vaccinated for measles in order to go into a store? 

Is measles causing a pandemic right now?  Do we already have situations where we need to provide proof of vaccination?  Wouldn't the requirement to provide proof of vaccination be up to the individual business?  You know, liberty and such. 

4 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Is measles causing a pandemic right now?  Do we already have situations where we need to provide proof of vaccination?  Wouldn't the requirement to provide proof of vaccination be up to the individual business?  You know, liberty and such. 

If measles was new to the world like Covid-19 and no one had immunity or was vaccinated then, yes, there would likely be a measles pandemic right now.  

The hospitalization rate and death rate for measles is comparable to Covid-19.  And measles is much more contagious.  

• Plus1 1