The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

My county had a mask mandate starting in July and cases peaked in December.  That’s more than a few weeks after.  

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Where did you post a study showing Covid infections did not peak higher after mask mandates were put into place?  If you want data, check out the link.  Then compare the Covid-19 infection peaks to the date mask mandates were put in place.  

https://usafacts.org/covid-recovery-hub/

Kansas had a peak in July. Looks like the peak was 566 cases/day on July 12 then went down to 384 on Aug 2. Literally a few weeks later. There was a bigger peak in Dec, but that doesn't mean the other peaks weren't there.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Kansas had a peak in July. Looks like the peak was 566 cases/day on July 12 then went down to 384 on Aug 2. Literally a few weeks later. There was a bigger peak in Dec, but that doesn't mean the other peaks weren't there.

Thanks for confirming my point 

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

No use arguing with someone suffering from illusory superiority on a topic they actually have no understanding of.

I'm mostly exposing how hollow his viewpoints are for others. I rarely engage him these days because he doesn't discuss or debate in good faith. Not really worth my time, so I've pretty much switched to:

31 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Thanks for confirming my point 

:movegoalpost:

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

No use arguing with someone suffering from illusory superiority on a topic they actually have no understanding of.

Please enlighten me on what you know about me and my understanding of healthcare related topics.  I’m really looking forward to this.  

Or you could do us all a favor and point out all the states where a mask mandate prevented further peaks in Covid-19 infections.  That’s what was in question yet you provided no input outside of a veiled insult.  

Maybe we should bring up Occam’s Razor to fix this issue too?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I'm mostly exposing how hollow his viewpoints are for others. I rarely engage him these days because he doesn't discuss or debate in good faith. Not really worth my time, so I've pretty much switched to:

:movegoalpost:

Again thank you for looking up the data and seeing that states/counties had peaks months after mask mandates which is what you questioned by asking for a link.  If being right is moving the goalposts then I guess I will consider your cool emoji as a compliment.  Appreciate it 

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Please enlighten me on what you know about me and my understanding of healthcare related topics.  I’m really looking forward to this.  

Or you could do us all a favor and point out all the states where a mask mandate prevented further peaks in Covid-19 infections.  That’s what was in question yet you provided no input outside of a veiled insult.  

You're clearly lost on this issue.  Sorry but if you think throwing up a graph and extrapolating from that graph the information you're posting here is an indication of some data analysis expertise then you're just confirming how out of your element you really are.  

And the point of contention was Rand Paul saying the data indicated mask mandates caused a rise in cases,  without any consideration for all the variables involved, without a control arm, and on and on.  Were masks mandated inside the home?  What happened in late fall? Anything you can think of? Any chance this virus spreads more seasonally?  

I'm not an virologist or epidemiologist and by your posts here clearly you aren't either, but I'll yield to their expertise, not a political hack like Rand Paul or his "sources".  

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It's clear you don't understand statistics or epidemiology as evidenced by your posts on this topic. An understanding of those things isn't required in order to be a healthcare professional, even a doctor.

And yes it can be. Occam's Razor says epidemiologists aren't out to deceive us and that we should trust them over someone like Rand Paul or a tabloid.

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It's clear you don't understand statistics or epidemiology as evidenced by your posts on this topic. An understanding of those things isn't required in order to be a healthcare professional, even a doctor.

And yes it can be. Occam's Razor says epidemiologists aren't out to deceive us and that we should trust them over someone like Rand Paul or a tabloid.

Suspending the notion of you might trust more, have you noticed any missteps or inconsistencies with messaging from Fauci, the CDC, or the WHO in the past year?  I have personally found Rand Paul to generally be an antagonist, and an obnoxious one at that.  But are perhaps some of the points he’s made worthy of examination?

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Suspending the notion of you might trust more, have you noticed any missteps or inconsistencies with messaging from Fauci, the CDC, or the WHO in the past year?  I have personally found Rand Paul to generally be an antagonist, and an obnoxious one at that.  But are perhaps some of the points he’s made worthy of examination?

What % of P&R posts do you read? Just curious before I answer.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1