The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

16 hours ago, ScarletRevival said:

I'm guessing that if Covid numbers increase in Texas,  the dems/progressives/leftists will blame ending masks mandates and other oppressive covid regulations.

They'll conveniently forget or bury the fact that China Joe created a mess at the border and has been releasing tens of thousands of Covid positive illegal immigrants into Texas and other other states.

15 hours ago, Scarlet said:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/mar/11/greg-abbott/abbott-exaggerates-covid-19-concerns-among-migrant/

"Illegal immigrants" are migrants who have entered the country without legal permission. All of the migrants being released by U.S. Customs and Border Protection, on the other hand, have applied for asylum and have a legal claim to remain in the U.S. while they await their asylum proceedings.

Using the two terms interchangeably is inaccurate, said Andrea Meza, director of family detention services for Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services, or RAICES. 

"These folks are asylum seekers, so criminalizing them based on their manner of entry, which is not related to their legal ability to seek asylum, is misleading," Meza said

Of course don't let the rule of law get in your way.  Do you have evidence of the "tens of thousands of Covid positive illegal immigrants that China Joe has released?"

You'll have to forgive ScarletRevival. They used "illegal alien" when they should have used "alien" but meant to use "dirty stinking Mexican/South American scum".  To some people, they are all synonymous.

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I'm here. See ya an hour or so.

The process was pretty slick. Not including driving out there and back, the whole process only took me about 27 minutes. 

I was a little nervous with all the news this week about reactions to the J&J shot, but I've felt fine. I thought I had a fever this morning when I woke up, but I took my temperature a couple times and it was normal. I even went home and worked out for about an hour afterwards. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, GSG said:

The process was pretty slick. Not including driving out there and back, the whole process only took me about 27 minutes. 

I was a little nervous with all the news this week about reactions to the J&J shot, but I've felt fine. I thought I had a fever this morning when I woke up, but I took my temperature a couple times and it was normal. I even went home and worked out for about an hour afterwards. 

Where did you get a J&J shot? At The Ranch?

I've been trying to schedule a shot for sometime after April 12th with my medical provider but so far have been unable to secure a time. I've been dragging my feet a little bit since I am not completely recovered from having Covid and I have natural immunity for another month or two.  I think it will actually be easier/quicker to get it at one of the larger public sites.  Kaiser isn't doing the vaccinations at the Greeley office so I'll still have to drive over to Loveland if I go with them.

I'd like to get J&J just so I don't have to go back for another one but yeah, that deal a day or two ago where they shut it down due to a bunch of bad reactions has given me pause.

Glad your's went fine.

22 hours ago, ScarletRevival said:

So you're saying they are basically worthless, and I agree with you. Covid rates pre and post mask mandates back that up.

I did not say they are worthless. I said they decrease your chances of a small amount. Jesus Christ, our country is doomed because of complete morons who think mask mandates infringe on their lives.

I'll say it louder because the first time did not register: MASK USE HELPS PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID BUT IS NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED 100% EFFECTIVE JUST LIKE HOW WEARING A SEATBELT IN A CAR DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL SURVIVE A CAR ACCIDENT. 

I mean, where is the outcry for Drunk Driving laws? The dat-gum gubberment is infringing on the founding fathers god given rights for you to drive! BUT WE ALL AGREE THAT ENDANGERING OTHER CITIZENS BECAUSE OF THE STUPID BEHAVIOR OF ONE PERSON IS WORTH PASSING LAWS TO PROTECT THEM BECAUSE PUBLIC HEALTH IS IMPORTANT. 

• Plus1 7
8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Where did you get a J&J shot? At The Ranch?

I've been trying to schedule a shot for sometime after April 12th with my medical provider but so far have been unable to secure a time. I've been dragging my feet a little bit since I am not completely recovered from having Covid and I have natural immunity for another month or two.  I think it will actually be easier/quicker to get it at one of the larger public sites.  Kaiser isn't doing the vaccinations at the Greeley office so I'll still have to drive over to Loveland if I go with them.

I'd like to get J&J just so I don't have to go back for another one but yeah, that deal a day or two ago where they shut it down due to a bunch of bad reactions has given me pause.

Glad your's went fine.

Yeah I went to The Ranch yesterday. You kinda have to just keep checking the website for open times. 

I had tried signing up through the county and different med centers and wasn't getting any response. I booked my appointment at The Ranch that morning and went that afternoon.

My wife has Kaiser and had to go to Loveland to get hers too. Of course she was earlier on the list since she's a teacher. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Good lord Jim Jordan is a moron and a piece of $hit in so many ways.

He didn’t act very professional, but it is a good question that needs answered.  Since Fauci is the face of the Admin response, he would be the appropriate person to answer the question.   It could even give more motivation to those hesitant about the vaccine to go ahead and get scheduled knowing they are helping get us all closer to a full opening.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4