The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

So, let me review to make sure I have this right.

1) There has been an email posted to Fauci where Scientists said it doesn't look like it came from the lab, but more investigation needs to be made because there's some funky business with the genetics of the virus.

2) Some in media were proclaiming that it came from the lab and it's some form of biological weapon that leaked.

3) Fauci and other scientists came out to the public saying it's wrong to be spreading conspiracy theories about the origins coming from the lab.  Meanwhile, they have continued to investigate to find the origin.

4) Evidence has come out that it may have come from the lab.

And.....that is some huge gatcha form of evidence that Fauci and other scientists were conspiring behind the scenes to lie to the public?

Do I have this thought process right?

• Plus1 2

47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, let me review to make sure I have this right.

1) There has been an email posted to Fauci where Scientists said it doesn't look like it came from the lab, but more investigation needs to be made because there's some funky business with the genetics of the virus.

2) Some in media were proclaiming that it came from the lab and it's some form of biological weapon that leaked.

3) Fauci and other scientists came out to the public saying it's wrong to be spreading conspiracy theories about the origins coming from the lab.  Meanwhile, they have continued to investigate to find the origin.

4) Evidence has come out that it may have come from the lab.

And.....that is some huge gatcha form of evidence that Fauci and other scientists were conspiring behind the scenes to lie to the public?

Do I have this thought process right?

Probably, but China is also suppressing any real investigation into the origin as well making the whole process more difficult. 

5 hours ago, deedsker said:

Probably, but China is also suppressing any real investigation into the origin as well making the whole process more difficult. 

China wasn’t the only ones suppressing an investigation into China lab leak theory as the Vanity Fair article articulates. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

China wasn’t the only ones suppressing an investigation into China lab leak theory as the Vanity Fair article articulates. 

Sure, but they don’t hold much clout if China was open. Even with Chinese suppression things spread.

43 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What, if anything, changes if it was man made?

I would personally like to know the facts behind the event that has killed millions globally, crushed many small businesses, forced people to not see loved ones for over a year, stole important life events from people, and ruined a year of the brief time we all have.

46 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What, if anything, changes if it was man made?

If it comes out that US money was funding gain of function coronavirus research in China through funding intermediaries like Deszak, that is a huge deal overall and very bad for Fauci. 

• Plus1 2

I say open up a 9/11 style investigation into the genesis of the entire Covid-19 pandemic including what the Trump administration knew and when and what cuts were made to organizations whose duties were to be on top of pandemics, etc.   But make it incumbent upon there also being an investigation into the Jan 6th insurrection.  

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have a hard time believing that anyone still wants to stay locked down.  

We have people that post here from all over the place, all over the country, does anyone actually want to stay locked down?

I sure as hell don't want to stay locked down and I know areas where I travel don't either.  I just had a friend travel to Maine for a week and she said they are totally fully on board up there for the whole mask, social distancing thing.  So, maybe in those areas they are.

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I sure as hell don't want to stay locked down and I know areas where I travel don't either.  I just had a friend travel to Maine for a week and she said they are totally fully on board up there for the whole mask, social distancing thing.  So, maybe in those areas they are.

I can still see the masks, I get that.  I feel like the social distancing was something we all kind of sucked at, but keep schools and businesses closed, I just don't see how people would think that was a good idea anymore but clearly some are okay with it.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I can still see the masks, I get that.  I feel like the social distancing was something we all kind of sucked at, but keep schools and businesses closed, I just don't see how people would think that was a good idea anymore but clearly some are okay with it.

I don't understand it either.  But, she said that out in public in Maine, if she just happened to get too close to someone, she would get dirty looks...etc.  

BUT....I still can't see why a large majority of Democrats would want to stay locked down.  That makes no sense.

• Plus1 1