The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

This is just as dumb as the lady who thinks forks will stick to your head after being vaccinated.  Amazing how people can be way off base when it comes to medical science. 

This is not just as dumb as thinking forks will stick to your head - not even close. People being hesitant to go back to normal socializing isn't at all like making insane s#!t up.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 3
16 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

That's interesting. I know it's anecdotal, but here in Lincoln, who has been voting Democrat for a while, it seems pretty close to back to pre-pandemic levels of activity. Streets are packed, stores are busy, and very few people are wearing masks. 

I also wonder if this isn't like the "shy trump voter" who wouldn't answer a poll that they're voting/voted for trump, but did anyway. Maybe these people are saying they think people should stay home, but I doubt they are. 

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That's interesting. I know it's anecdotal, but here in Lincoln, who has been voting Democrat for a while, it seems pretty close to back to pre-pandemic levels of activity. Streets are packed, stores are busy, and very few people are wearing masks. 

I also wonder if this isn't like the "shy trump voter" who wouldn't answer a poll that they're voting/voted for trump, but did anyway. Maybe these people are saying they think people should stay home, but I doubt they are. 

Very similar to what I thought, and see daily here in Central NE

5 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

If any of you are suddenly missing any forks from your kitchen or if you misplaced your keys now you have your answer...

Wait till she finds out that all saline IVs contain... Metal!!! Table salt too! Sodium is a metal... :ahhhhhhhh

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Well, I'm either surrounded by Republicans (which, yeah, #Nebraska) or these Democrats are saying one thing and doing another.

Anecdotally, Omaha is practically back to pre-pandemic levels of social interaction and no-mask wearing.