The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

I live in a county with around 30% vaccination rate.  Currently experiencing what looks like the start of another surge.  Yet I keep hearing this bulls#!t about a 99.9% survival rate which is a lie.  Then it changes to 99% which if true (I doubt it) is horrible.  Quit out-thinking it and get the vaccine.  Even if you don't tell your Trump bros.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I live in a county with around 30% vaccination rate.  Currently experiencing what looks like the start of another surge.  Yet I keep hearing this bulls#!t about a 99.9% survival rate which is a lie.  Then it changes to 99% which if true (I doubt it) is horrible.  Quit out-thinking it and get the vaccine.  Even if you don't tell your Trump bros.

What is the survival rate?  I thought it was like 96%?

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

What is the survival rate?  I thought it was like 96%?

Survival rate is high, yet I wouldn’t want to get it, regardless of how many people on Facebook say “hey, I had COVID, it was just slightly worse than the flu.”  I wouldn’t want to be sick for a week, potentially have long-term effects, and have thousands of dollars of medical bills.

• Plus1 3
6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Survival rate is high, yet I wouldn’t want to get it, regardless of how many people on Facebook say “hey, I had COVID, it was just slightly worse than the flu.”  I wouldn’t want to be sick for a week, potentially have long-term effects, and have thousands of dollars of medical bills.

Facebook?  How old are you???

Just now, Scarlet said:

Even if it's 99% and half the country came down with Covid that puts the total deaths at 1,750,000. 

Dude, I don't know about you but I think they are going to find out that way more than half the country had it.  It seems to spread like crazy.

• Thanks 1

Just now, teachercd said:

Dude, I don't know about you but I think they are going to find out that way more than half the country had it.  It seems to spread like crazy.

Maybe, but if it was much higher than half the population had it, then if you throw in vaccinations, we should be reaching the ever elusive "herd immunity' level especially if some of the research holds that reinfection rates are very low.  That doesn't seem to be happening yet so either infection rates weren't that high or reinfection is a thing.

6 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Maybe, but if it was much higher than half the population had it, then if you throw in vaccinations, we should be reaching the ever elusive "herd immunity' level especially if some of the research holds that reinfection rates are very low.  That doesn't seem to be happening yet so either infection rates weren't that high or reinfection is a thing.

I think reinfection is probably a thing.  To some degree anyway.  

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

We are under 10,000 infections per day.  

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I've only gotten the seasonal flu once and I never f#&%ing want to have it again. Huge headache. Every hair on my body hurt. Switching between fever and chills every few minutes. Felt like death.

That's why I get my flu shot every year now, and why I got the Rona vaccine. Plus I was so busy with work the first half of this year I quite frankly couldn't afford to get sick with COVID.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I've only gotten the seasonal flu once and I never f#&%ing want to have it again. Huge headache. Every hair on my body hurt. Switching between fever and chills every few minutes. Felt like death.

That's why I get my flu shot every year now, and why I got the Rona vaccine. Plus I was so busy with work the first half of this year I quite frankly couldn't afford to get sick with COVID.

I had a weird cold/flu two summers ago and for about a week I could not move.  It was brutal.

I can't remember the last time I had the typical flu of throwing up in a trash can while s#!tting.  I get the flu shot every year as well.