The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am all for giving this a try as an independent may actually have a chance. Would help if the parties allowed someone else to debate on the national stage. The majority of our country is in the middle of the political spectrum yet the parties move further in opposite directions leaving the majority of us to pick which crap we think doesnt smell as bad instead of actually picking someone who aligns with the majority of our values etc. 

Let's start with a basic agreement - we no longer show even tacit support to any candidate or party who promotes, ignores or defends an armed attempt to overturn our electoral process.

Seems pretty easy. Everyone in?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Let's start with a basic agreement - we no longer show even tacit support to any candidate or party who promotes, ignores or defends an armed attempt to overturn our electoral process.

Seems pretty easy. Everyone in?

Sure if that ever happens I am totally against it. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

That's what we've been talking about since Monday. 

I am at the point where regardless of what I say you call me a secret right winger because I say things about Biden without saying a bad thing about Trump at the same time. I continue to say they both suck a dozen times yet you refuse to say Biden sucks at all. It is fine, your opinion is Biden is great everything is fine and dandy. I disagree completely. It is what it is. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am at the point where regardless of what I say you call me a secret right winger because I say things about Biden without saying a bad thing about Trump at the same time. I continue to say they both suck a dozen times yet you refuse to say Biden sucks at all. It is fine, your opinion is Biden is great everything is fine and dandy. I disagree completely. It is what it is. 

You say things right-wingers say. Nearly verbatim. Same buzz words. 

That's not me, that's you. 

You launch into the same nonsense right-wingers spew all over the internet about President Biden, and then at the end you tack on "but they both suck" because you remember you need to appear impartial. 

Do you not read what you write here? You know it's just a couple pages back, right?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

your opinion is Biden is great everything is fine and dandy.

It really isn't, and I'm not super impressed with President Biden. 

But those discussions get lost when people are regurgitating right-wing talking points all the time. If we could get past that, we'd find none of us are very fond of Biden. 

It's the same thing that happened with President Bush. It was all left-wing talking points and buzz words, all how Cheney was his puppet master and how stupid Bush was. Pushing back on that took away from the real conversations about what President Bush was doing to our economy, stuff most everyone could agree on.

• Thanks 1
Just now, knapplc said:

You say things right-wingers say. Nearly verbatim. Same buzz words. 

That's not me, that's you. 

You launch into the same nonsense right-wingers spew all over the internet about President Biden, and then at the end you tack on "but they both suck" because you remember you need to appear impartial. 

Do you not read what you write here? You know it's just a couple pages back, right?

my nonsense that leading up to the presidential election the democrats tried to downplay a vaccine and spread seeds of doubt in anything released during the Trump administration? I dont think that is "right winger" nonsense. I dont think saying in the beginning Fauci flip flopped lead to distrust in him is right winger nonsense. I watched the interviews, I watched the debates etc. I am sorry my conclusions from what I saw and heard dont align with a left winger? I continue to keep speaking about Biden etc because you keep asking. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

my nonsense that leading up to the presidential election the democrats tried to downplay a vaccine and spread seeds of doubt in anything released during the Trump administration? I dont think that is "right winger" nonsense. I dont think saying in the beginning Fauci flip flopped lead to distrust in him is right winger nonsense. I watched the interviews, I watched the debates etc. I am sorry my conclusions from what I saw and heard dont align with a left winger? I continue to keep speaking about Biden etc because you keep asking. 

It literally all is. Moderates don't hold any of these beliefs. We understand the hesitancy of Democrats endorsing trump's political agenda driven vaccine push. We understand that one change in policy from Fauci doesn't inherently mean all things he says are untrustworthy. 

It's a miracle that you just happened to take away from all of that the very right-wing talking points that right-wingers have been spewing on the internets this past year. Pure coincidence. 

Sure. 

I've also asked you about trump, yet you continue to speak about President Biden. Why not switch to your anger against trump for a while? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1