The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

6 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

My Dr. hasnt received the vaccine and she has advised her staff not to take the vaccine as well as her patients until full FDA approval is granted. I was slightly surprised when I spoke to her about it at my last check up roughly a month ago. Like I have been saying it isnt just conspiracy MAGA and Q people that are hesitant. Only 70% of nurses in our country are vaccinated. They are hesitant for some reason and the reason I consistently hear is waiting for full FDA approval. Not microchips or depopulation or DNA manipulation. 

Inversely, over 95% of physicians are vaccinated.

• Plus1 2

42 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

My Dr. hasnt received the vaccine and she has advised her staff not to take the vaccine as well as her patients until full FDA approval is granted. I was slightly surprised when I spoke to her about it at my last check up roughly a month ago. Like I have been saying it isnt just conspiracy MAGA and Q people that are hesitant. Only 70% of nurses in our country are vaccinated. They are hesitant for some reason and the reason I consistently hear is waiting for full FDA approval. Not microchips or depopulation or DNA manipulation. 

I’d get a different f#&%ing Dr. 

• Plus1 5
36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’d get a different f#&%ing Dr. 

I have had several different doctors and she is the only one I have had that actually talks to me like a person instead of a number and listens if I have questions or ideas about my health or issues. The large clinics and networks around here (central Iowa) are unimpressive in terms of how they talk to their patients. I prefer small private practices anymore. Her take is that if you want the vaccine it is your choice but if you want her personal opinion she will not take it until it receives full FDA approval. She doesnt throw her opinion in your face. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I have had several different doctors and she is the only one I have had that actually talks to me like a person instead of a number and listens if I have questions or ideas about my health or issues. The large clinics and networks around here (central Iowa) are unimpressive in terms of how they talk to their patients. I prefer small private practices anymore. Her take is that if you want the vaccine it is your choice but if you want her personal opinion she will not take it until it receives full FDA approval. She doesnt throw her opinion in your face. 

Because she has the time because everyone else left her. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

So what is the disconnect between the two as they work very closely together?

Not sure.  Nor am I sure what you were getting at with 'only 70% of nurses are vaccinated'.  If the implication is that people in the medical field are skeptical, and that should count for something...I offered another data point.

55 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Not sure.  Nor am I sure what you were getting at with 'only 70% of nurses are vaccinated'.  If the implication is that people in the medical field are skeptical, and that should count for something...I offered another data point.

That was the premise of what I was saying. Do we believe that 30% of nurses think the government is trying to insert microchips in us? 

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

That was the premise of what I was saying. Do we believe that 30% of nurses think the government is trying to insert microchips in us? 

I've been trying to understand what unvaccinated people believe.  I am not compelled by this statistic, and do not consider it a very strong argument in and of itself for legitimate vaccine hesitancy.  If your argument is that medical professionals that know things have concerns...I provided a statistic that other medical professionals that know more things don't seem to have the same concerns.

So unless nurses know more about disease pathology than doctors, I do not know what you're getting at.  Since I have yet to see a compelling argument against getting the vaccine at this point, I wouldn't venture a guess at what those nurses believe.

55% of Americans believe in angels...some of them are nurses, I'm sure.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I've been trying to understand what unvaccinated people believe.  I am not compelled by this statistic, and do not consider it a very strong argument in and of itself for legitimate vaccine hesitancy.  If your argument is that medical professionals that know things have concerns...I provided a statistic that other medical professionals that know more things don't seem to have the same concerns.

So unless nurses know more about disease pathology than doctors, I do not know what you're getting at.  Since I have yet to see a compelling argument against getting the vaccine at this point, I wouldn't venture a guess at what those nurses believe.

55% of Americans believe in angels...some of them are nurses, I'm sure.

The only thing that I can think of is that they tested positive for Covid before and now are going to rely on their antibodies and t-cells to carry them through.  Seems risky to me but I've heard that logic from a couple of people I know.  

My sister talked to a doctor of some sort who recommended dry needling for neck pain. This of course is just a new name for acupuncture which, regardless of what anyone claims about research, seems to rely entirely on the placebo effect at best, and is based on eastern mysticism regarding non-existent "chi" energy, "meridians" and other bulls***. My point is if you look hard enough you can find a doctor who believes in stupid crap, and is probably friendly.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I don’t think the answer is that nebulous. There’s a reason we seek out doctors for most of our professional medical opinions/research/analysis and not nurses. Doctors spend 10-15 years learning how to do their job before being given full reign to do it, and the barrier for entry is significant. They also regularly conduct research, understand the process, partake in peer review studies, etc., to a far greater degree than any nurse. 

I am by no means insulting nurses or the profession as a whole, but the barrier for entry is much lower, even if they’re in the medical field. The fact that 30% of nurses remain unvaccinated tells me most of those nurses are people I wouldn’t want handling my healthcare.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I don’t think the answer is that nebulous. There’s a reason we seek out doctors for most of our professional medical opinions/research/analysis and not nurses. Doctors spend 10-15 years learning how to do their job before being given full reign to do it, and the barrier for entry is significant. They also regularly conduct research, understand the process, partake in peer review studies, etc., to a far greater degree than any nurse. 

I am by no means insulting nurses or the profession as a whole, but the barrier for entry is much lower, even if they’re in the medical field. The fact that 30% of nurses remain unvaccinated tells me most of those nurses are people I wouldn’t want handling my healthcare.

You may be statistically correct, and I am not speaking to the "to vaccinate or not to vaccinate" issue...but I know one thing 100%, if it comes to getting that shot or having my blood drawn, I sure as heck would rather have the nurse do it. ;)

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I am simply saying they have hesitancy for a reason. I don't believe it is because they are conspiracy theorist. 

• Plus1 2