The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 minutes ago, commando said:

if i get banned i will respect the rules of the board and stay away.  but so far i see no indication that i am close to being banned in any way.   

Ohhhhh, yeah I was just making a joke.

Laughing just called me, they were looking for you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, commando said:

i hope this is wrong...but if it isn't i want to say thanks anti maskers and anti vaxxers.   also thank you right wing media and politicians who oppose taking steps needed to knock this s#!t out just to "own the libs"

I know the both antis you reference here are right wing. But, am I mistaken, or are the original anti Vax (for their kids) more left wing?

• Plus1 2

41 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I know the both antis you reference here are right wing. But, am I mistaken, or are the original anti Vax (for their kids) more left wing?

not sure i differentiated between right or left wing anti vaxxers.   just called them all out.   i called out the right wing politicians and media who have fought a lot of the measures taken to fight covid.

27 minutes ago, commando said:

not sure i differentiated between right or left wing anti vaxxers.   just called them all out.   i called out the right wing politicians and media who have fought a lot of the measures taken to fight covid.

Not sure either, just curious 

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I think it's a mix, like the flat earther thing. Now chem trails is more of a left thing I think.

That politics made people decide not to get a vaccine is scary. A cousin of my mom had 2 siblings die to polio and she won't get it - and obviously that means she is in the age group that is vulnerable.

• Plus1 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox13news.com/news/florida-physicians-blast-desantis-over-handling-of-covid-19.amp

"Bernard Ashby, a Miami cardiologist and leader of the Florida chapter of the Committee to Protect Health Care, said DeSantis should spend more time talking to people about the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines and less time attacking federal infectious-disease expert Anthony Fauci in hopes of scoring political points."

""While hospitals in our state were filling up, DeSantis was shouting about ‘Freedom over Faucism,’"" said Ashby who leads the group of 405 Florida physicians. '"If DeSantis were as concerned about stopping COVID-19 spread as he was about coming up with these clever jabs about Dr. Fauci, we might not be in this position."" Ashby said DeSantis has bragged about Florida’s approach to handling the pandemic, but he accused the governor of being reactive and not having a plan to protect residents

""As a physician and a Floridian, I am frankly angry and ashamed. You know the Florida-man moniker unfortunately holds true in this particular circumstance,"" Ashby said, referring to the stereotype that people in Florida do bizarre or stupid things."

"While St. Petersburg immunologist Mona Mangat said she was glad the governor promoted vaccines as being effective, she worries about his other actions, such as preventing businesses from requiring that people show proof of vaccination --- an issue known as banning vaccine "passports."

""At the same time as DeSantis says the vaccines are effective --- which they are --- he’s also banning businesses from requiring proof of vaccination."" said Mangat, also a member of the physicians’ committee."

"He has taken away private companies’ ability to protect their employees and customers by requiring the safe and readily available vaccine."

Let's hope deaths truly do decouple from cases.  Right now they're rising again in Florida at 51 per day. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox13news.com/news/florida-physicians-blast-desantis-over-handling-of-covid-19.amp

"Bernard Ashby, a Miami cardiologist and leader of the Florida chapter of the Committee to Protect Health Care, said DeSantis should spend more time talking to people about the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines and less time attacking federal infectious-disease expert Anthony Fauci in hopes of scoring political points."

""While hospitals in our state were filling up, DeSantis was shouting about ‘Freedom over Faucism,’"" said Ashby who leads the group of 405 Florida physicians. '"If DeSantis were as concerned about stopping COVID-19 spread as he was about coming up with these clever jabs about Dr. Fauci, we might not be in this position."" Ashby said DeSantis has bragged about Florida’s approach to handling the pandemic, but he accused the governor of being reactive and not having a plan to protect residents

""As a physician and a Floridian, I am frankly angry and ashamed. You know the Florida-man moniker unfortunately holds true in this particular circumstance,"" Ashby said, referring to the stereotype that people in Florida do bizarre or stupid things."

"While St. Petersburg immunologist Mona Mangat said she was glad the governor promoted vaccines as being effective, she worries about his other actions, such as preventing businesses from requiring that people show proof of vaccination --- an issue known as banning vaccine "passports."

""At the same time as DeSantis says the vaccines are effective --- which they are --- he’s also banning businesses from requiring proof of vaccination."" said Mangat, also a member of the physicians’ committee."

"He has taken away private companies’ ability to protect their employees and customers by requiring the safe and readily available vaccine."

Let's hope deaths truly do decouple from cases.  Right now they're rising again in Florida at 51 per day. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

So one doctor says he/she is upset he didn’t promote vaccines enough, and another doctor says he/she is happy how he promotes vaccines but unhappy they aren’t required.  Gotcha. 

• Plus1 2

56 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So one doctor says he/she is upset he didn’t promote vaccines enough, and another doctor says he/she is happy how he promotes vaccines but unhappy they aren’t required.  Gotcha. 

If that's what you are taking from the surge in Florida and how Desantis has handled it, good for you.  It's not like he didn't see the Delta variant coming.

Just now, Archy1221 said:

That’s what I’m taking from the quotes you posted 

That physicians don't speak as a monolith and that they find Desantis' handling of the pandemic lacking?  Then we agree again.  Glad you're coming around to some common sense.

Now if DeSantis can the same we might have something.  Probably too late as his seems to only react which doesn't work with this situation.  Maybe he should of listened to the experts instead of trying to make political points.  Ironically that will most likely have turned out to be the better political strategy in the long run. 

Maybe he should have focused on pushing vaccinations sooner and more vigorously instead of getting cute with his Fauci swag.  Or when he did encourage vaccinations maybe he shouldn't have also pulled all other mitigation efforts off the table like mask mandates or allowing businesses to require proof of vaccination.  He leans libertarian doesn't he?  

But it's all good.  Cases really don't mean much, eh Arch?

47 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

That physicians don't speak as a monolith and that they find Desantis' handling of the pandemic lacking?  Then we agree again.  Glad you're coming around to some common sense.

Now if DeSantis can the same we might have something.  Probably too late as his seems to only react which doesn't work with this situation.  Maybe he should of listened to the experts instead of trying to make political points.  Ironically that will most likely have turned out to be the better political strategy in the long run. 

Maybe he should have focused on pushing vaccinations sooner and more vigorously instead of getting cute with his Fauci swag.  Or when he did encourage vaccinations maybe he shouldn't have also pulled all other mitigation efforts off the table like mask mandates or allowing businesses to require proof of vaccination.  He leans libertarian doesn't he?  

But it's all good.  Cases really don't mean much, eh Arch?

That was about as random of thoughts as a Joe Biden answer to TownHall questions there Scar.  Where to begin? 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That was about as random of thoughts as a Joe Biden answer to TownHall questions there Scar.  Where to begin? 

You couldn't follow that?  Now it's clear why you're confused by 7-day moving average vs. weekly cases.  

Scar....I like it, thanks. 

• Oh Yeah! 1