The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

I wish we would switch up our approach. If you are not going to get the vaccine lets see how many people we can get to take Ivermectin as a prophylatic out of the unvaccinated. Run it til the end of the year. Continue to push for increased vaccinations as they receive full FDA approval etc. Better than trying to do what didnt work for a second time around. 

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I wish we would switch up our approach. If you are not going to get the vaccine lets see how many people we can get to take Ivermectin as a prophylatic out of the unvaccinated. Run it til the end of the year. Continue to push for increased vaccinations as they receive full FDA approval etc. Better than trying to do what didnt work for a second time around. 

Ivermectin is not approved by the FDA to treat or prevent COVID-19.

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

it should be granted EUA

So, according to some, a large contingent of people are hesitant because the vaccine merely has an EUA and not full FDA approval.  So let's see how many will take a pill that even the pharmaceutical manufacturer is on record as saying there is no data indicating safety or efficacy in treatment of COVID?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

So, according to some, a large contingent of people are hesitant because the vaccine merely has an EUA and not full FDA approval.  So let's see how many will take a pill that even the pharmaceutical manufacturer is on record as saying there is no data indicating safety or efficacy in treatment of COVID?

There is quite a bit of data being collected around the world around Ivermectin and its effectiveness as well as a handful of other drugs. The difference is Ivermectin has been around for decades. I am simply advocating for giving something a try that we havent yet. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

There is quite a bit of data being collected around the world around Ivermectin and its effectiveness as well as a handful of other drugs. The difference is Ivermectin has been around for decades. I am simply advocating for giving something a try that we havent yet. 

Really?  There's scrutinized, reviewed data that strongly indicates Ivermectin as a treatment for COVID?  

Advocating for 'giving something a try'....anything except the thing that absolutely works, apparently.  Is this also coming from your doctor?

• Plus1 1

The below are all from the NIH. So it seems promising at a minimum. 

Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infection: A Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, and Trial Sequential Analysis to Inform Clinical Guidelines (nih.gov)

Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.

Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19 (nih.gov)

Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance. Furthermore, results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin. Finally, the many examples of ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified.

Role of ivermectin in the prevention of SARS-CoV-2 infection among healthcare workers in India: A matched case-control study - PubMed (nih.gov)

Two-dose ivermectin prophylaxis at a dose of 300 μg/kg with a gap of 72 hours was associated with a 73% reduction of SARS-CoV-2 infection among healthcare workers for the following month. Chemoprophylaxis has relevance in the containment of pandemic.

14 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Advocating for 'giving something a try'....anything except the thing that absolutely works, apparently.  Is this also coming from your doctor?

Any chance you want to let us know when Lamar actually said this. That he wants to try anything except the vaccines?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

The below are all from the NIH. So it seems promising at a minimum. 

Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infection: A Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, and Trial Sequential Analysis to Inform Clinical Guidelines (nih.gov)

Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.

Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19 (nih.gov)

Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance. Furthermore, results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin. Finally, the many examples of ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified.

Role of ivermectin in the prevention of SARS-CoV-2 infection among healthcare workers in India: A matched case-control study - PubMed (nih.gov)

Two-dose ivermectin prophylaxis at a dose of 300 μg/kg with a gap of 72 hours was associated with a 73% reduction of SARS-CoV-2 infection among healthcare workers for the following month. Chemoprophylaxis has relevance in the containment of pandemic.

And look what I found when I went looking for it in the NIH database:

Hydroxychloroquine in COVID-19: therapeutic promises, current status, and environmental implications (nih.gov)

An open-label non-randomized clinical trial (EU clinical trials register no. 2020-000890-25/FR; N=36; 20 HCQ-treated, 16 control) reported that 70% of the HCQ-treated SARS-CoV-2-infected patients (200 mg thrice a day) were able to get cured of the virus as compared to the 12.5% in the control group after 6 days.

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Any chance you want to let us know when Lamar actually said this. That he wants to try anything except the vaccines?

I am advocating for adding something to the mix is all. Additionally for those who cannot be vaccinated it is an alternative. 

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The logic I fail to follow is why someone would be up for taking a completely unapproved treatment, but would be hesitant to take the vaccine?  If  I'm afraid of experimental treatments, I don't think this would be a good route for me.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

The logic I fail to follow is why someone would be up for taking a completely unapproved treatment, but would be hesitant to take the vaccine?  If  I'm afraid of experimental treatments, I don't think this would be a good route for me.

billions of doses of ivermectin have been given around the world over the last several decades....with decades of information around side effects etc. You dont see how that is something that would make someone hesitant of a new vaccine less hesitant of a drug that has been around forever? 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

billions of doses of ivermectin have been given around the world over the last several decades....with decades of information around side effects etc. You dont see how that is something that would make someone hesitant of a new vaccine less hesitant of a drug that has been around forever? 

I seriously doubt that the average person knows more about side effects from ivermectin as they do about side effects of the vaccine at this point.  I'm reading anecdotes about people trying to score this stuff from their animal feed stores.  Maybe that's not representative of the greater population, but that would not indicate people that care about diligence in what they put into their bodies.  It feels more like an avenue born out of ignorance and stubborness.  

• Plus1 1