The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

We were pretty thrilled when COVID vaccines were given a 95% efficacy rate. 

That still meant in a fully vaccinated America, 15 million people could still contract COVID. 

It also means the glass remains 95% full. Except for the 50% of Americans who remain unvaccinated.

I'm not seeing a lot of backtracking in the actual science; the vaccines are proving even more successful against the stronger variants than many expected. The possibility of booster shots was always considered.  

The people who wanted to put their faith in hydroxycholorquine should be given that chance, although the do have to forfeit their paranoia card and simply admit they don't know s#!t about science, they just follow the path of their equally ignorant leader. 

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, jaws said:

I also think most of the world's population would flunk a low level stats class. 

It was my understanding that a larger interval between first and second dose may be considered a positive instead of 3 weeks closer to 9-12 may be beneficial. 

9 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It was my understanding that a larger interval between first and second dose may be considered a positive instead of 3 weeks closer to 9-12 may be beneficial. 

I wasn't talking about the interval between shots, 2 shots overall is better than 1, but I was more talking about the percent positive of vaccinated vs unvaccinated when looking both of the populations you quoted. 

1 minute ago, jaws said:

I wasn't talking about the interval between shots, 2 shots overall is better than 1, but I was more talking about the percent positive of vaccinated vs unvaccinated when looking both of the populations you quoted. 

Gotcha, I was specifically looking at the differences on average between the two nations between first and second dose and a possible correlation to the percent positive of the vaccinated vs unvaccinated. From what I understand the UK had a wider window of time between shots compared to Israel. I think I have that right and it isnt reversed. 

I see more dead people in one of the photos.  No masks, no distancing, indoors, low percentage vaccinated, yelling for the cult leader, Delta variant running amok....yep, dead people.  

Definitely something the Arizona GOP should be glib about.  "Here we go!!!!" Wee hee!!!!

54 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I see more dead people in one of the photos.  No masks, no distancing, indoors, low percentage vaccinated, yelling for the cult leader, Delta variant running amok....yep, dead people.  

Definitely something the Arizona GOP should be glib about.  "Here we go!!!!" Wee hee!!!!

Also most Biden voters aren't weirdos who go to political rallies. They're politicians. Imagine thinking this tweet proved any sort of point. 

• Plus1 2
13 hours ago, Scarlet said:

oddly enough both rallies had the same number of votes counted....i kid i kid ha 

• Haha 3
12 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Also most Biden voters aren't weirdos who go to political rallies. They're politicians. Imagine thinking this tweet proved any sort of point. 

I guess that depends on your definition of a political rally. I think they are all weirdos though. 

1 minute ago, jaws said:

How about the people that really matter....the faculty and staff? 

Dude, the normies are over the teacher love, all that hero worship we got a year ago is gone and it is all back on the firemen.  

If anything, teachers are starting to get hated on.  Especially if they push for remote learning.