The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s not. But, in my area, there’s still a ton of people not vaccinated. I’d be pissed if I was a teacher that is vaccinated and have to wear a mask. This whole thing is starting to piss me off. 

I was at a coaching clinic today in Lincoln and those central and western NE teachers are never putting on a mask again.

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s not. But, in my area, there’s still a ton of people not vaccinated. I’d be pissed if I was a teacher that is vaccinated and have to wear a mask. This whole thing is starting to piss me off. 

My kids’ school district (in the Denver area) hasn’t announced any mask requirements for this next school year, but I know they will be upset if they have to wear masks. It’s not that they/we do not care for the safety of the teachers, administrators, other staff, and students.  It’s because they have gotten vaccinated and taken prior precautions to limit the spread in the past, yet selfish people aren’t taken the necessary steps to get vaccinated and COVID cases are beginning to rebound across the country.  I understand some people can’t get vaccine for various health reasons, but the vast majority of unvaccinated are purposefully choosing not to do so, and their choices are hurting others. 

• Plus1 1

I agree that you’re about to see people who have done all the right things up to now finally say f*** it. 
Why?  Because after 16 months of learning opportunities…our best idea as of right now is still ‘please put your mask on’. And when someone says ‘no’, we say ‘pretty please’.  

Apparently that’s easier than mandating vaccines for travel, hotels, cruise ships, etc. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

My kids’ school district (in the Denver area) hasn’t announced any mask requirements for this next school year, but I know they will be upset if they have to wear masks. It’s not that they/we do not care for the safety of the teachers, administrators, other staff, and students.  It’s because they have gotten vaccinated and taken prior precautions to limit the spread in the past, yet selfish people aren’t taken the necessary steps to get vaccinated and COVID cases are beginning to rebound across the country.  I understand some people can’t get vaccine for various health reasons, but the vast majority of unvaccinated are purposefully choosing not to do so, and their choices are hurting others. 

I guess now, NBC News reported that people that were vaxxed can spread the deleta strain!  I can't teach with a mask!!  It ruins my expressions!

Also, anyone want to know what the coaches were wearing in the 6-man football clinic room?  I bet you can all guess.

Just now, Jason Sitoke said:

I agree that you’re about to see people who have done all the right things up to now finally say f*** it. 
Why?  Because after 16 months of learning opportunities…our best idea as of right now is still ‘please put your mask on’. And when someone says ‘no’, we say ‘pretty please’.  

Apparently that’s easier than mandating vaccines for travel, hotels, cruise ships, etc. 

It is not the masks, it has never been the masks.  It has always been the distancing.  We suck at staying away from people.

Just now, teachercd said:

I guess now, NBC News reported that people that were vaxxed can spread the deleta strain!  I can't teach with a mask!!  It ruins my expressions!

Also, anyone want to know what the coaches were wearing in the 6-man football clinic room?  I bet you can all guess.

I know that vaccinated people can still carry the virus and spread it to others, but you know who will be the most safe from the delta strain and other strains of COVID, the vaccinated people.  I am just pissed off that the unvaccinated are causing this pandemic to live on and mutate further. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I know that vaccinated people can still carry the virus and spread it to others, but you know who will be the most safe from the delta strain and other strains of COVID, the vaccinated people.  I am just pissed off that the unvaccinated are causing this pandemic to live on and mutate further. 

I don't want another mask year!  I don't even have my old mask anymore. 

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is not the masks, it has never been the masks.  It has always been the distancing.  We suck at staying away from people.

But you know what’s the best thing to allow people to be in close contact to each other (with or without a mask), people getting the damn vaccine.  But when people refuse the vaccine and also want to refuse to wear masks and socially distance from others, that pisses me off. 

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I don't want another mask year!  I don't even have my old mask anymore. 

I wouldn’t want to wear a mask as a teacher either. That would definitely suck. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

But you know what’s the best thing to allow people to be in close contact to each other (with or without a mask), people getting the damn vaccine.  But when people refuse the vaccine and also want to refuse to wear masks and socially distance from others, that pisses me off. 

I wouldn’t want to wear a mask as a teacher either. That would definitely suck. 

Amen

And like I said, no one stays away from each other either.  

I will be wearing my mask when I get students back in a couple weeks, and will continue to do so at least until my own kids can get vaccinated. 

This is such a s#!t show, even a year and a half later. People are so incredibly selfish, and with people like Pete Ricketts in power, you'll see this selfishness just continue on down the hill until we're back in another lockdown. 

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

I will be wearing my mask when I get students back in a couple weeks, and will continue to do so at least until my own kids can get vaccinated. 

This is such a s#!t show, even a year and a half later. People are so incredibly selfish, and with people like Pete Ricketts in power, you'll see this selfishness just continue on down the hill until we're back in another lockdown. 

I am shocked (but not really) that they are not doing remote learning to start the year.

It makes zero sense.  

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am shocked (but not really) that they are not doing remote learning to start the year.

It makes zero sense.  

At the very least, giving the option to do remote and not going 100% to begin, especially with the uptick in cases. 

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I was at a coaching clinic today in Lincoln and those central and western NE teachers are never putting on a mask again.

And I’m right there with them. I wore a mask the whole time I was supposed to. I didn’t whine and cry about it like so many did. It sucked and it was inconvenient but it was necessary. And then I got vaccinated about a month after having Covid. I’m done with the masks. Ain’t going back. Kids under 12 and people who couldn’t be vaccinated unfortunately may need to mask up but not this cat. I’ve done my part. Done.

I give my employees one safety day (paid day) per year for being accident free. Starting a couple months ago the only way they are getting that day is to provide proof of vaccination. I have one hold out….If the one day isn’t enough I’ll find some more things to take away until it is enough. Sick of the selfish pricks. For gods sakes, its a free shot that virtually guarantees you won’t get sick and is 99.5% effective at keeping you from dying or being hospitalized. How absolutely stupid does a person have to be to choose not to get it?

Edit- In fact it just occurred to me, no more paid sick days either without proof of vaccination. That should do the trick.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Any idea what DeSantis is going to do to help try to save lives?  Or are muh freedoms more important....like not having to show a vaccine card to get on a sea petri dish?

You sure have quite the crush on FL and DeSantis.  Can’t seem to let them go can you.  Check out this time last year and see if you know a pattern with Covid infections. 

• Plus1 2