The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 minute ago, Redux said:

If you'd bother to read, I added the caveat "in some instances".  Again, as an example the effectiveness drops from 93% to 88%.  And that's just in the short term data.  But if we look at the supposed surgin new cases, do you think that 88% effectiveness number is going to hold up?

I reread it several times, as it was confusing.  I couldn’t  care less about the political whataboutisms that dominate the thread. But spewing garbage deserves at least a gif in response.  You’re welcome. . 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I reread it several times, as it was confusing.  I couldn’t  care less about the political whataboutisms that dominate the thread. But spewing garbage deserves at least a gif in response.  You’re welcome. . 

I'm sorry it was difficult to understand honesty

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Redux said:

I find it funny that people try to solely blame the Republicans for hesitancy to get a vaccine that was developed in record time, isn't FDA approved, cause side effects that mimic the virus it protects against in some instances, doesn't actually prevent contracting or spreading covid in some instances, is useless against the mutation variant and is being politicized left and right.

Yeah, can't imagine why people are hesitant....

That said, I'll probably get the Moderna version

Read the bolded again.   You clearly stated it was useless against the mutation variant which is false.  Your caveat, as you wrote it, pertains to your claim that it doesn't prevent contracting or spreading covid.  

1 hour ago, Redux said:

I'm sorry it was difficult to understand honesty

No, the reaction you received wasn't from anyone misunderstanding honesty.  It was understanding exactly what you wrote and now that you've been corrected you're backpedaling.  I'll give you credit for that at least. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Locally, this Saturday, JBS is giving 10lbs of beef for every shot at a joint clinic with the Health Department 

That's awesome.  Maybe they will include "free extra masks with every shot you get"??

Dems:  "Do your part, get vaccinated, for America!....and wear your mask too...For that super extra protection relief"....."because it's sorta like Tylenol extra strength, but with science and stuff"

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I don’t even know if Johansson is right in suing Disney and I don’t really care if she is. This is such a f#&%ing piece of s#!t response:

Disney (DIS) responded on Thursday saying that "there is no merit whatsoever to this filing" and that the suit is "especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the COVID-19 pandemic."

11 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Read the bolded again.   You clearly stated it was useless against the mutation variant which is false.  Your caveat, as you wrote it, pertains to your claim that it doesn't prevent contracting or spreading covid.  

No, the reaction you received wasn't from anyone misunderstanding honesty.  It was understanding exactly what you wrote and now that you've been corrected you're backpedaling.  I'll give you credit for that at least. 

I omitted a few words and amended it.  You doube and triple downing on my honest omission is low hanging fruit because you've got nothing else.

• Plus1 1