The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

17 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Why are the most hesitant populations minorities then? 

The most hesitant large portion of the population who is hesitant are Republicans vs. Democrats.  Each group is roughly 30% of the population.  

Yes, a larger portion of blacks are unvaccinated compared to whites.  However, blacks only make up 13% of the population.  And, from what I've read, their hesitancy is based off of general distrust of the government in situations like this.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The most hesitant large portion of the population who is hesitant are Republicans vs. Democrats.  Each group is roughly 30% of the population.  

It's almost like that wouldn't be an issue if these dips#!t politicians would stop politicizing a virus

• Plus1 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/dr-scott-gottlieb-estimates-up-to-1-million-americans-infected-with-covid-daily-as-delta-spreads.html

“I wouldn’t be surprised if, on the whole, we’re infecting up to a million people a day right now, and we’re just picking up maybe a 10th of that or less than a 10th of that,” the former Food and Drug Administration commissioner said in an interview on “Squawk Box.” Gottlieb now serves on the board of Covid vaccine maker Pfizer.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/dr-scott-gottlieb-estimates-up-to-1-million-americans-infected-with-covid-daily-as-delta-spreads.html

“I wouldn’t be surprised if, on the whole, we’re infecting up to a million people a day right now, and we’re just picking up maybe a 10th of that or less than a 10th of that,” the former Food and Drug Administration commissioner said in an interview on “Squawk Box.” Gottlieb now serves on the board of Covid vaccine maker Pfizer.

Just had a meeting with a doc I trust. He said the original variant a positive person would spread to 3 people, the delta variant a positive person will spread to 9 people. Expects a wild few weeks and then the virus will burn out, he thinks 95% of the population will have had covid or been vaccinated once the delta variant burns out. Vaccines are working, some breakthrough but those folks are handling it well. If you haven't been vaxxed expect to get Delta. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
32 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Just had a meeting with a doc I trust. He said the original variant a positive person would spread to 3 people, the delta variant a positive person will spread to 9 people. Expects a wild few weeks and then the virus will burn out, he thinks 95% of the population will have had covid or been vaccinated once the delta variant burns out. Vaccines are working, some breakthrough but those folks are handling it well. If you haven't been vaxxed expect to get Delta. 

Plus, if you have been vaxxed, there is a chance to get Delta, but the likelihood of being sick to the point of hospitalization is slim.

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Ya I think that is shown with India and UK data.  I would agree with his assessment about the uptick and quick decline.  

• Plus1 1

Sounds about right.  Mutation is vital to a viruses survival, this is really nothing unexpected.  Just don't need to turn this into a new round of fear.  Get your shot and have a better chance of not getting it, or don't and be susceptible.

Not sure what's humorous about this post :dunno

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, I've said on here that very few of my employees were willing to get vaccinated.

Today, I found out we have had two employees at work for several days sick with symptoms and now they have tested positive.

Pisses me off.

Sounds like poor management!  Haha, I kid, I kid.

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 3
22 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

What would you give each side as a percentage as it relates to their negative impact leading up to and during the pandemic? Personally I would go something like Right Wing 60% left wing 40% in terms of negative impact. So technically you could say the right wing is slightly more but I want to point out the fact that it wasn't by much. If you take Tucker Carlson and Hannity off the air I would flip it to 60% left and 40% right. 

I would have to split the difference much higher than 60/40.

Right wing media has spent 18 months railing against masks, that COVID wasn't serious, and pushed bunk treatments for COVID. The last 6 months has been spent questioning the vaccine, so much so that nearly all deaths today are amongst the unvaccinated and largely Trump supporters.

The left media is not perfect regarding COVID messaging. I think Fauci, for the first month or two sent mixed signals to the public. Although some of that was because of a fear that there would be panic buying of masks (just like toilet paper or idiots filling plastic bags with gas not long ago). Kamala Harris said a few dumb things as well. But, overall, I didn't see left-wing media go full blown into questioning masks or vaccines anywhere close to the right wing.

I'd put the poor messaging at like 95%-5%. 

• Plus1 3