The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, Redux said:

Guess that would kind of negate the whole getting vaccinated will save other people thing

I mean it does offer some protection so it’s better than nothing if you work around or live with someone immunocompromised. I work with these folks and the best things we can do are get the shot and don PPE when working with them. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

This is the worst nightmare for the "must get vaccinated to save everyone" folks

I'd agree.  At least we are now to a point, at least those folks over 12, where we can take an action to minimize the effects.  Hope that at least holds up...

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The most hesitant large portion of the population who is hesitant are Republicans vs. Democrats.  Each group is roughly 30% of the population.  

Yes, a larger portion of blacks are unvaccinated compared to whites.  However, blacks only make up 13% of the population.  And, from what I've read, their hesitancy is based off of general distrust of the government in situations like this.

That's most people's hesitancy, not just black folks.

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, jaws said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/30/media/variant-media-coverage-white-house/index.html

The media really needs to give some context to their reports and stop with the baiting headlines. People aren’t reading the whole or any of the articles so the headlines are just as bad as a tweet. 

This coverage will hurt.

I fell for it just a few posts ago when @DevoHusker shared a Tweet.

:facepalm:

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, commando said:

also seen on Fox during their number 1 watched show

I don't watch him or Fox...so I only go by public opinion and believe he is shady. But, in that clip, what did he say that was wrong, or made up, or even misleading? All those things happened. He quoted the CDC. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
14 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

That's most people's hesitancy, not just black folks.

precisely, which I touched on a bit earlier. People trust the government less and less. I mean if we are all honest we know they are full of ish and have been for decades. When you don't know when to trust them or not it creates hesitancy. 

• Plus1 2