The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

7 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Boy you don't like to let things go, do you?   One more time:  Coughing, sneezing, speaking >>> than normal breathing (I can't the whole quote thing to work, but I did say that and that's not dismissing, it's comparing).   Do you disagree with this comparison?

I also stated "uncomfortably close" breathing can be a source of droplets.  To address the underlined portion of your post above, it is a source of viral transmission if you're close to someone (just not as much as coughing, sneezing, speaking, etc. which can travel further )  But I'm pretty sure you know this.

I really hope this clears it up, because this is a rather futile conversation we're having.  

I agree which is why I can’t figure out why you started it in the first place.  

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have an employee whose brother was an extreme anti vaxer that thought the government was implanting chips.  He died over the weekend from COVID.  Not all posts like that are some Biden administration's back room attempt to fool everyone into getting vaccinated.

Found out today that not only the brother died this weekend but a niece did too. 31 years old, pregnant and healthy. 

Get f#&%ING vaccinated. 

Stop being an idiot. 

• Plus1 6

Has this board discussed the hypocrisy of many political leaders not following their own mandates? My favorite was the mayor of Austin who taped a message from his vacation in Cabo telling his constituents to stay home for thanksgiving. Maybe if the politicians would follow their own rules people would pay more attention to them. At this point so many have lost credibility no one even cares what they say. COVID has been politicized on both sides since day one. Guidance has been all over the map. Goalposts moved. The media has downplayed or overhyped information. We are pretty much on our own with deciding who to trust.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, nic said:

Has this board discussed the hypocrisy of many political leaders not following their own mandates? My favorite was the mayor of Austin who taped a message from his vacation in Cabo telling his constituents to stay home for thanksgiving. Maybe if the politicians would follow their own rules people would pay more attention to them. At this point so many have lost credibility no one even cares what they say. COVID has been politicized on both sides since day one. Guidance has been all over the map. Goalposts moved. The media has downplayed or overhyped information. We are pretty much on our own with deciding who to trust.

You shouldn’t be doing something just because a politician or the media says so. At the same time they can be an idiot and a hypocrite and be telling you the right thing. Idk why more people don’t utilize a local doctor they trust. A lot of folks go to a mechanic for car advice, a plumber to fix their pipes but go to Twitter for life altering health advice. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

You shouldn’t be doing something just because a politician or the media says so. At the same time they can be an idiot and a hypocrite and be telling you the right thing. Idk why more people don’t utilize a local doctor they trust. A lot of folks go to a mechanic for car advice, a plumber to fix their pipes but go to Twitter for life altering health advice. 

Good post

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Great post

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

What?!?!  Kids can get it?!?!?

No s#!t.

Get ready for remote learning! 

I don't recall heavy talk about covid hospitalization and deaths last year concerning kids (under 18), especially 12 and under.  Like, even college kids were ok around covid. 

Makes one wonder why social media and cable tv news networks have been increasingly talking about this sudden children covid crisis now for the past month?  A striking message with fear for children getting covid.  It seems to align with getting them vaxxed, when 8 months ago it wasn't a thing.  Or 16 months ago.  Or 4 months ago.  

What changed so suddenly?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, admo said:

I don't recall heavy talk about covid hospitalization and deaths last year concerning kids (under 18), especially 12 and under.  Like, even college kids were ok around covid. 

Makes one wonder why social media and cable tv news networks have been increasingly talking about this sudden children covid crisis now for the past month?  A striking message with fear for children getting covid.  It seems to align with getting them vaxxed, when 8 months ago it wasn't a thing.  Or 16 months ago.  Or 4 months ago.  

What changed so suddenly?

The virus changed. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1