The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

44 minutes ago, commando said:

your county?   in your post i was responding to you said that mask mandates did not stop the delta variant.    i assumed you meant in the country rather than just your county.   so...how is your county doing with the delta variant?  is it  surging there?  when did the surge start if it is surging?    was it after the mask mandate ended?    if it isn't surging.....what was the point of the post i responded to in the first place?

No more than two questions per post please.  You sound like my kids when they are in the car with me.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I use you (and your blind regurgitation of conservative talking points) as a proxy for support of Republican candidates in office, it's nothing personal. 

The reason DeSantis can threaten to withdraw funding for schools who wish to impose mask mandates - despite his state leading the country hospitalizations amongst children (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tampabay.com/news/health/2021/08/02/florida-leads-the-nation-in-kids-hospitalized-for-covid/%3foutputType=amp) - is because of blind support for the Republican in his state - other "Archy1221's" who also regurgitate blind conservative talking points.

By your own admission with your post history, he is your choice to be the Republican candidate for President. While I'm glad you voted across party lines, it doesn't excuse who you support nationally. It's a Republican-race-to-the-bottom in order to be the 2024 nominee which you're participating in. 

Whatever you say my man.  I think we all understand the singular point you have been trying to get across for weeks now.  

1 minute ago, commando said:

if you don't have the answers just say so.   

Only two answers per post 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Whatever you say my man.  I think we all understand the singular point you have been trying to get across for weeks now.  

i see 0 answers in this post of yours.    it would be nice if you answered even 1 question but i know it won't happen.   so keep jabering your points and never answer any questions we may have about them.  you do you and i will put the appropriate worth when reading your posts.   

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, commando said:

i see 0 answers in this post of yours

Because you asked too many questions at one time.  

19 minutes ago, commando said:

so keep jabering your points and never answer any questions we may have about them.

Untruthful statement, not unexpected.  Easily proven that I’ve answers many many questions on this forum.  

20 minutes ago, commando said:

you do you and i will put the appropriate worth when reading your posts.   

Yet you keep responding:dunno  must be pretty worthwhile 

• Plus1 2

https://www.vox.com/coronavirus-covid19/22456544/covid-19-mask-mandates-lockdown-debate-evidence

And yet, looking at the case and death numbers since the coronavirus pandemic began, it’s not obvious which states were cautious and which were not. New York, the original epicenter of the outbreak, has endured the second most deaths per capita behind New Jersey (271 per 100,000). Florida and Texas, despite much criticism of their laissez-faire approaches, rank right in the middle among states (26th and 24th, respectively) in the number of deaths per 100,000 people. California fared only marginally better, sitting at 30th.

The one Covid-19 intervention that definitely worked was mask mandates.The evidence on lockdowns may be dicey, but the science on masks is clear: They work. Even experts I spoke with who think harsh lockdowns may have been counterproductive say indoor mask mandates were clearly effective.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

Using new Geography's rankings of urban population percentages, you would expect states with higher percentages of urbanized citizens to struggle more with COVID-19.

https://www.newgeography.com/content/005187-america-s-most-urban-states

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Just doing a straight ranking of urbanized population minus deaths per population rank, you can get a general sense of which states over or under performed based on their population density.

*Includes DC as 51

Best states*:

1 Hawaii

2 Utah

3 DC*

4 California

5 Washington

6 Oregon

7 Colorado

8 Florida

9 Maryland

10 Nevada

Worst States*:

42 South Carolina

43 Indiana

44 West Virginia

45 Louisiana

46 Iowa

47 North Dakota

48 Arkansas

49 Alabama

50 South Dakota

51 Mississippi

Limitations include New Jersey, Massachussets, Rhode Island, and Arizona which already have high urbanization and were high on deaths. Also, Maine and Vermont couldn't do much better considering their low urbanization and low on deaths.

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

My singular point is that Republican leadership is causing harm to their constituency through their policies regarding masks (as well as right wing messaging regarding vaccines).

The fault lies with the voter's who support them no matter what, just like Ron DeSantis - the leading non-Trump candidate - who banned any laws regarding mask mandates even in schools. This is despite his state leading the country in hospitlzations among children.

The DeSantis/Abbot race to the bottom would be funny if people weren't dying as a result. Let me ask you this: who would you vote for in these hypothetical 2024 races?

Biden vs Trump

Biden vs Abbot

Biden vs DeSantis 

40 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

My singular point is that Republican leadership is causing harm to their constituency through their policies regarding masks (as well as right wing messaging regarding vaccines).

The fault lies with the voter's who support them no matter what, just like Ron DeSantis - the leading non-Trump candidate - who banned any laws regarding mask mandates even in schools. This is despite his state leading the country in hospitlzations among children.

The DeSantis/Abbot race to the bottom would be funny if people weren't dying as a result. Let me ask you this: who would you vote for in these hypothetical 2024 races?

Biden vs Trump

Biden vs Abbot

Biden vs DeSantis 

Interesting point. I would need the next 3 years to see Abbott and DeSantis on the Natl stage.

I will point out one thing in your hypothetical...

Biden won't be the D

6 hours ago, commando said:

if you don't have the answers just say so.   

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Because you asked too many questions at one time.  

There's no need for the silly diversionary conversation tactics. Commando's questions were equitable and fair, so let's save the witty banter back and forth for the Shed.

• Plus1 1