The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I obviously don’t live out there so I’m curious on how the Covid outcomes in terms of infections per 100,000 compared to the Weld county and Denver metro county’s ended up through March of this year.  We’re they comparable even though the mitigation was quite different or did metro Denver so much better in case load compared to Weld county?  
Thanks in advance for sharing if you you happen to know that info off hand. 

I don’t have that info handy but I’m not sure I’d characterize Weld as mitigating much differently than the Denver metro area. Our county commissioners made a show of not wanting to enforce masks and business limitations etc. but generally I would say the same mitigation efforts occurred here as elsewhere. But there were a few restaurants that distinguished themselves by not following any of the rules. I mean  they were so bad even Weld county got on their a$$. I think two of them were forced to close and the other (a Mexican restaurant we used to frequent) finally started complying.

For reference, we were in Columbus NE at the early height of the pandemic. Ate at Stack N Steak (a breakfast place) and they still had full occupancy, condiments on the table, common water pitchers etc. Its like they didn’t know anything was going on with a virus. For many weeks prior to that time most restaurants in Greeley were not allowing any dine in. It was like we walked into another world.

8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I obviously don’t live out there so I’m curious on how the Covid outcomes in terms of infections per 100,000 compared to the Weld county and Denver metro county’s ended up through March of this year.  We’re they comparable even though the mitigation was quite different or did metro Denver so much better in case load compared to Weld county?  
Thanks in advance for sharing if you you happen to know that info off hand. 

I found these case trends for Adams County (where I live), Weld County (where JJ lives), and Douglas County (the most conservative county in the 6-county Denver area).

https://www.google.com/search?q=adams+county+colorado+covid+cases&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS821US821&oq=adams+county+colorado+covid&aqs=chrome.2.0i512l6j0i457i512j0i512l3.7271j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=weld+county+colorado+covid+cases&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS821US821&sxsrf=ALeKk02ecZSfdwc56KNl3x5gXsf5SXyQuw%3A1628112580709&ei=xAYLYaLUKpmF9PwP2a-r8AQ&oq=weld+county+colorado+covid+cases&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBggAEAgQHjIFCAAQhgMyBQgAEIYDOgYIABAHEB46CAgAEAgQBxAeSgQIQRgAUOIlWIkpYJAsaABwAngAgAGEAYgB5QSSAQMwLjWYAQCgAQHAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiixpuAqJjyAhWZAp0JHdnXCk4Q4dUDCA4&uact=5

https://www.google.com/search?q=douglas+county+colorado+covid+cases&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS821US821&sxsrf=ALeKk03HddyNqX_Tw2ed4GHxtQXhzxDTGA%3A1628112873208&ei=6QcLYc3vC4WQtAaYpJXoDg&oq=douglas+county+colorado+covid+cases&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIECAAQHjIGCAAQCBAeMgYIABAIEB4yBggAEAgQHjIGCAAQCBAeMgUIABCGAzIFCAAQhgMyBQgAEIYDSgQIQRgAUOMBWL4FYKYKaABwAngBgAH5A4gB9geSAQcwLjMuNS0xmAEAoAEBwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiNiNiLqZjyAhUFCM0KHRhSBe0Q4dUDCA4&uact=5

Unfortunately these are gross new cases per day and 7-day moving average.  Population wise Adams County is ~500K, Weld County is ~325K, and Douglas County is ~350K.  The spike and timing were all around the same for each county.  Weld County is also a LOT more spread out compared to the other counties.  

16 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Unfortunately these are gross new cases per day and 7-day moving average.  Population wise Adams County is ~500K, Weld County is ~325K, and Douglas County is ~350K.  The spike and timing were all around the same for each county.  Weld County is also a LOT more spread out compared to the other counties.  

Yeah, Weld is huge area wise, 4017 square miles. Quite the disparity in population density.

Adams 422 people per sq mile.

Douglass 415 per

Weld 81 per (not counting prairie dogs)

• Haha 1

^

Wife is a school counselor in one of the biggest districts here.  She was glad the mandate was announced and then mentioned oh well for all of the pissed off anti mask parents who will predictably again b!^@h and moan about that and who knows what else.  Screw 'em.

1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

^

Wife is a school counselor in one of the biggest districts here.  She was glad the mandate was announced and then mentioned oh well for all of the pissed off parents who will predictably again b!^@h and moan about that and who knows what else.  Screw 'em.

Is she in a nice district?  Being a GC in a nice district is like a dream gig.

• Fire 1