The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

giphy.gif

lol

I got a friend that works at Neuqua Valley, dude has it made.

And my niece and nephew will be attending there soon.  

When I lived there I think there was only two Naperville HS's.  I was in Downers Grove, so I grew up on the "wrong side of the tracks" compared to those rich kids! 

• Haha 1

FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK! And a Gamma variant already also. We are screwed because of these anti-vax idiots and not allowing poor countries the vaccine. This virus will keep mutating and the vaccines wont be able to keep up. Im to the point where I dont give a damn what happens to the anti-vax people. Like Ivan Drago said, if they die, they die. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t have that info handy but I’m not sure I’d characterize Weld as mitigating much differently than the Denver metro area. Our county commissioners made a show of not wanting to enforce masks and business limitations etc. but generally I would say the same mitigation efforts occurred here as elsewhere. But there were a few restaurants that distinguished themselves by not following any of the rules. I mean  they were so bad even Weld county got on their a$$. I think two of them were forced to close and the other (a Mexican restaurant we used to frequent) finally started complying.

For reference, we were in Columbus NE at the early height of the pandemic. Ate at Stack N Steak (a breakfast place) and they still had full occupancy, condiments on the table, common water pitchers etc. Its like they didn’t know anything was going on with a virus. For many weeks prior to that time most restaurants in Greeley were not allowing any dine in. It was like we walked into another world.

Good thing they realized early that trace contact spread wasn't really an issue.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK! And a Gamma variant already also. We are screwed because of these anti-vax idiots and not allowing poor countries the vaccine. This virus will keep mutating and the vaccines wont be able to keep up. Im to the point where I dont give a damn what happens to the anti-vax people. Like Ivan Drago said, if they die, they die. 

Non-mRNA vaccines were used in the study referenced. Moderna & Pfizer have been effective against Lambda per studies using those vaccines. 

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

Calm down.  We heard about Lambda in Peru and Latin America 45 days ago.  It was not as strong as Delta variant, which is why it was under the radar.  If it's new information to you and now being admitted as the next scare tactic, then go be scared and preach vaccinations.  I'm sure social media and cable news will do it.  In plain english, why have you not heard about it (or media) until now?  Please..

• Plus1 3
12 minutes ago, admo said:

Calm down.  We heard about Lambda in Peru and Latin America 45 days ago.  It was not as strong as Delta variant, which is why it was under the radar.  If it's new information to you and now being admitted as the next scare tactic, then go be scared and preach vaccinations.  I'm sure social media and cable news will do it.  In plain english, why have you not heard about it (or media) until now?  Please..

Scared? Lol while everyone was hiding in their houses and stocking up on toilet paper, I was on the front lines doing daily covid testing with no PPE. Havent missed a day of work since this started. Never been scared of this virus, Im more scared of the stupidity of the people of this country. 

Maybe this is the first time Ive heard of this variant. Who cares? Maybe its not as bad as delta. Who cares? What I said was true.  The virus will keep mutating to the point where vaccines will become obsolete unless we get the vaccination rate up in poor countries and in areas with low vaccination rates. Might not be lambda or gamma or whatever variants there are, but it will happen eventually.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I found these case trends for Adams County (where I live), Weld County (where JJ lives), and Douglas County (the most conservative county in the 6-county Denver area).

https://www.google.com/search?q=adams+county+colorado+covid+cases&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS821US821&oq=adams+county+colorado+covid&aqs=chrome.2.0i512l6j0i457i512j0i512l3.7271j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=weld+county+colorado+covid+cases&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS821US821&sxsrf=ALeKk02ecZSfdwc56KNl3x5gXsf5SXyQuw%3A1628112580709&ei=xAYLYaLUKpmF9PwP2a-r8AQ&oq=weld+county+colorado+covid+cases&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBggAEAgQHjIFCAAQhgMyBQgAEIYDOgYIABAHEB46CAgAEAgQBxAeSgQIQRgAUOIlWIkpYJAsaABwAngAgAGEAYgB5QSSAQMwLjWYAQCgAQHAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiixpuAqJjyAhWZAp0JHdnXCk4Q4dUDCA4&uact=5

https://www.google.com/search?q=douglas+county+colorado+covid+cases&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS821US821&sxsrf=ALeKk03HddyNqX_Tw2ed4GHxtQXhzxDTGA%3A1628112873208&ei=6QcLYc3vC4WQtAaYpJXoDg&oq=douglas+county+colorado+covid+cases&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIECAAQHjIGCAAQCBAeMgYIABAIEB4yBggAEAgQHjIGCAAQCBAeMgUIABCGAzIFCAAQhgMyBQgAEIYDSgQIQRgAUOMBWL4FYKYKaABwAngBgAH5A4gB9geSAQcwLjMuNS0xmAEAoAEBwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiNiNiLqZjyAhUFCM0KHRhSBe0Q4dUDCA4&uact=5

Unfortunately these are gross new cases per day and 7-day moving average.  Population wise Adams County is ~500K, Weld County is ~325K, and Douglas County is ~350K.  The spike and timing were all around the same for each county.  Weld County is also a LOT more spread out compared to the other counties.  

Thanks for the research!  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Enhance said:

There's no need for the silly diversionary conversation tactics. Commando's questions were equitable and fair, so let's save the witty banter back and forth for the Shed.

He asked 7 questions in one post.  So no I’m not gonna type out a page on a message board to answer them all.  

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What an idiot.

So, Biden is supposed to secure the southern border of Florida?

From your Miami Herald link: 

"The administration was planning on lifting the rule, adopted by former President Donald Trump last year, according to The New York Times. But on Monday, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced that noncitizens migrating to the U.S. from Mexico or Canada create “a serious danger of the introduction of COVID-19 into the United States.”

• Thanks 1