The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

13 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

From your Miami Herald link: 

"The administration was planning on lifting the rule, adopted by former President Donald Trump last year, according to The New York Times. But on Monday, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced that noncitizens migrating to the U.S. from Mexico or Canada create “a serious danger of the introduction of COVID-19 into the United States.”

So according to your link, Biden kept the same rule in place adopted by Trump to limit immigration? So what's he blaming Biden for?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

From your Miami Herald link: 

"The administration was planning on lifting the rule, adopted by former President Donald Trump last year, according to The New York Times. But on Monday, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced that noncitizens migrating to the U.S. from Mexico or Canada create “a serious danger of the introduction of COVID-19 into the United States.”

if i understand correctly....the trump administration immigration rules are still in place?    

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I have a Facebook friend who is an ER doctor.  He finally came out this week on Facebook telling people to get vaccinated (not sure why it took so long).  Anyway, he shared that people are coming into the ER, suffering from COVID, and are pleading to get vaccinated.  It's too bad they didn't realize that's not how the vaccine works.  The vaccine doesn't get rid of having COVID, it helps you in the prevention and severity of catching COVID.  Effing morons.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

So according to your link, Biden kept the same rule in place adopted by Trump to limit immigration? So what's he blaming Biden for?

I was pointing out that the CDC feels that "non-citizens migrating through Mexico pose a serious danger to the introduction of Covid 19 into the US."

So, whether folks give him $h*t about "wHuT BorDUr? gEorgiA?"  and then laugh...it is a real concern. 

3 minutes ago, commando said:

if i understand correctly....the trump administration immigration rules are still in place?    

I believe that is correct, but instead of turning them back or helping transport them back to Central America, they are being allowed entry into the US to await their hearings. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I was pointing out that the CDC feels that "non-citizens migrating through Mexico pose a serious danger to the introduction of Covid 19 into the US."

So, whether folks give him $h*t about "wHuT BorDUr? gEorgiA?"  and then laugh...it is a real concern. 

I get it, more unvaccinated people in this country could definitely be seen as an issue. Just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of DeSantis by blaming Biden this year when the same rules were in place last year under Trump - and we didn't hear about the border at all. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

I get it, more unvaccinated people in this country could definitely be seen as an issue. Just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of DeSantis by blaming Biden this year when the same rules were in place last year under Trump - and we didn't hear about the border at all. 

Got it. And, sounds hypocritical to me as well.  The return volley to Prez Joe's "get out of the way". Wish they didn't resort to these tactics, but...here we are. 

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I believe that is correct, but instead of turning them back or helping transport them back to Central America, they are being allowed entry into the US to await their hearings. 

From this article...my earlier stance was incorrect. The majority of those contacted illegally crossing have been expelled quickly. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/crisis-border-happened/story?id=78312099

Also from same piece, is a quote from VP Harris. 

"I want to be clear to folks in this region who are thinking about making that dangerous trek to the United States-Mexico border: Do not come. Do not come. The United States will continue to enforce our laws and secure our border. There are legal methods by which migration can and should occur, but we, as one of our priorities, will discourage illegal migration. And I believe, if you come to our border, you will be turned back."

Sounds similar to what the last Admin was saying.

Sounds similar to my personal views. We need and want increased LEGAL immigration...but we also must preserve a secure border to make that happen. 

11 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Scared? Lol while everyone was hiding in their houses and stocking up on toilet paper, I was on the front lines doing daily covid testing with no PPE. Havent missed a day of work since this started. Never been scared of this virus, Im more scared of the stupidity of the people of this country. 

Maybe this is the first time Ive heard of this variant. Who cares? Maybe its not as bad as delta. Who cares? What I said was true.  The virus will keep mutating to the point where vaccines will become obsolete unless we get the vaccination rate up in poor countries and in areas with low vaccination rates. Might not be lambda or gamma or whatever variants there are, but it will happen eventually.

Regarding the bold, Thank you, that made me laugh so hard.  People were filling up shopping buggies full of TP, water, sanitizer, paper towels, etc.  Just hoarding.  Like they were going off the grid or into a bunker.  Stores were running out of it.  What a mess it was.  I am glad you were okay without the PPE. Takes guts.  I did the same.

32 minutes ago, admo said:

Regarding the bold, Thank you, that made me laugh so hard.  People were filling up shopping buggies full of TP, water, sanitizer, paper towels, etc.  Just hoarding.  Like they were going off the grid or into a bunker.  Stores were running out of it.  What a mess it was.  I am glad you were okay without the PPE. Takes guts.  I did the same.

Dang guys, I at least got an n95, face shield and gown that doubled as a sweat suit. 

• Haha 1
58 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Dang guys, I at least got an n95, face shield and gown that doubled as a sweat suit. 

Our clinic could not get gowns, gloves, etc. only thing I had was clorox wipes and a surgical mask. I got lucky I didnt contract it. Hell, maybe I did and I just didnt know. 

51 minutes ago, nic said:

image.png.109f97ab0126669acf8ebb6775b38a0d.png

During times of crisis, America has to do what it does best. We rally around each other, stand up, and blame immigrants and poor people. 

It has nothing to do with idiots and red states not getting vaccinated. It's surely the dirty immigrants from Mexico, a country of 127 million people that *checks notes* is reporting as many daily cases of COVID as the state of Florida.

• Plus1 2