The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

12 hours ago, funhusker said:

This is really a f#&%ed up post...

You really think the "liberals" here would prefer to see people die so some lame Dem candidate can win an election?

Obviously the vast majority would not. This person below might however. Maybe she was trying to funny, but after seeing what people posted in 2020 i am no longer sure. 

There is a thread on this board about the angry violent right or something like that. I honestly saw the opposite in 2020. Lots of really nasty posts on Facebook from friends/family that are on the left. The friends and family on the right were either posting snarky memes or sometimes stuff that seemed border line conspiracy theory. Or they were silent for fear of letting on they supported Trump and didn't want the backlash.

image.thumb.png.fd64ea58d9aae51d0477bb3af51e3fb4.png

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

My brother-in-law's cousin (unvaccinated) died in Texas yesterday from complications due to COVID and she was unable to get into an ICU bed because they were full.

Unrelated to her death, I ran into a college friend of mine yesterday. He's in his last year of residency in Omaha and he's in the pulmonary/ICU rotation. He's averaging about 80 hours per week right now and the hospital has removed hour limitations so that they can work as long as needed. He's spending a good chunk of his time still fighting with families who don't believe their loved one has COVID (fighting as in... he has to call the family to give them status updates and the families are insolent and verbally abusive).

Things obviously aren't as bad in Omaha as they are other places, but most medical professionals are mentally and physically exhausted... and the solution to the problem is out there. Too many people just refuse to buy into it.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
6 hours ago, nic said:

Obviously the vast majority would not. This person below might however. Maybe she was trying to funny, but after seeing what people posted in 2020 i am no longer sure. 

There is a thread on this board about the angry violent right or something like that. I honestly saw the opposite in 2020. Lots of really nasty posts on Facebook from friends/family that are on the left. The friends and family on the right were either posting snarky memes or sometimes stuff that seemed border line conspiracy theory. Or they were silent for fear of letting on they supported Trump and didn't want the backlash.

image.thumb.png.fd64ea58d9aae51d0477bb3af51e3fb4.png

I didn’t realize this lady was a HB “liberal”. Sorry.

23 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Did I say anything about conservative in my post? Is every idiot there that is protesting vaccines a conservative?

I couldnt care less if the anti-vax people are conservative, liberal, facist, communist, woke, etc. Yes, I hope they get covid because if they get covid, it might wake them and their family/friends up and get vaccinated so we can get over this pandemic and get back to normal. And if they die, it was their choice and there are consequences to poor choices in life. It is 100% their fault we are in the position we are now, sorry for the truth and I dont have any empathy for them. So as I said, come on covid, do your thing baby!

I apologize. I think I am getting frustrated with a lot of things going on in the world and politics. I think I need to stay off the Political forum and maybe take a break from the news.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I took the tweet to indicate that "Covid is killing kids!!" Reading the article and associated information, that is not distinctly the case...for the combination of events I included. 

There's always going to be a combination of events for everything in life. The lack of pediatric ICU beds will kill kids - and covid is a big part of it, which is why the judge in the article wanted relief from the Texas Gov's anti-mask order.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Kids ending up in the hospital, in big numbers, is going to mean a shutdown.

I am going to guess that if things keep going like they are that schools will be remote and a lockdown will start by October. 

We're not gonna lock down again. Maybe remote learning, but UK hospitalizations with delta peaked lower than the winter surge, and no one was locked down in the winter. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, nic said:

I apologize. I think I am getting frustrated with a lot of things going on in the world and politics. I think I need to stay off the Political forum and maybe take a break from the news.

No problem. I feel the same way and I think we all just need to take a break at times. I hate that Im starting to lose my humanity over this. Obviously, I dont want people to die, I just want them to see reason and get vaccinated so we can all move on from covid and debate the important things like education and healthcare. 

• Plus1 1