The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

And why was that clip attached to my post? 

it was follow on from the Larry Elder conversation. That whole topic is out of place in a COVID thread but somehow it got here, and I wasn't sure where else to put it. 

4 minutes ago, nic said:

it was follow on from the Larry Elder conversation. That whole topic is out of place in a COVID thread but somehow it got here, and I wasn't sure where else to put it. 

Yeah, I get that, but why does crazy gorilla woman throwing an egg at Larry Elder mean Larry Elder isn't a racist, or isn't being criticized for his specific beliefs and presumed policies? 

28 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I work with a guy from Singapore who loves this country, but always says, "The thing that makes America such a great country is the thing that is causing you all to have the same issues right now.  Everybody has the freedoms to do what they want, but they seem to not care about anybody else when it gets into the way of their perceived freedoms."

If she thinks this is going to go well as she thinks, she's got another thing coming.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wonder how many anti-vaxxers are going to quit their jobs to just sit at home scared to get a needle stuck in their arm.

So, a US President's official order is "mandatory vaccinations or get tested". 

Ok, well why didn't he just force it back in Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr,  when the people of America had a personal choice to make?.. ooohh.... I see now ... nevermind. 

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, admo said:

So, a US President's official order is "mandatory vaccinations or get tested". 

Ok, well why didn't he just force it back in Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr,  when the people of America had a personal choice to make?.. ooohh.... I see now ... nevermind. 

If it’s actually about science, his official order should be get vaccinated or get an antibody test to show antibodies from a previous infection to Covid.  Data coming out that both cases are relatively the same

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
31 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If it’s actually about science, his official order should be get vaccinated or get an antibody test to show antibodies from a previous infection to Covid.  Data coming out that both cases are relatively the same

Does the laugh-o-lantern want to reply with a statement on why this would be incorrect? 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

am i understanding correctly that this mandate doesn't actually mandate that you have to get the vaccine?  you can choose to avoid the shot if you are wanting to take the tests instead.   

and going to courts is inevitable...but if what i have read tonight is true....the polio vaccine mandate was challenged in court and it was ruled that part of the government responsibility was to provide for the health of the people so the vaccine mandate stood.  that was me paraphrasing what was said so again a lawyer might be needed to clean my mess up if i made any mistakes.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Be prepared to see another Jan 6 type 'freedom' rally at the capital. :facepalm:

they already have the sept 18 rally for the "political prisoners" from jan 6.    you know...the antifa super soldiers who disguised themselves as trump supporters and caused the damage that day.   

12 minutes ago, admo said:

The democratic left says..... 

You can choose what you take out of your body (unborn fetus) but you have no choice what you put into your body (a drug) 

The democratic left doesn't believe the choice of ending a pregnancy is a public heath crisis.  The democratic left and the republican right both agree that COVID is a public health crisis.  

It kind of frustrates me that the republican right doesn't want to mandate vaccines to help end a crisis, but they are for mandating pregnancy to birth to stop what they view as a public crisis.

Your statement does paint one group as intellectually dishonest, but I don't think it is the side that you intended.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1