The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, I get that, but why does crazy gorilla woman throwing an egg at Larry Elder mean Larry Elder isn't a racist, or isn't being criticized for his specific beliefs and presumed policies? 

She dressed up in a monkey suit to protest a black man. Would she have done that if he was white? If someone did that to Corey Booker they would probably be arrested for a hate crime. If she wanted to protest his policies and beliefs, waving a sign or banner and stating what she thinks would suffice. Why bring the color of his skin into the protest? It’s a double standard,  based on political beliefs.

• Fire 2

9 hours ago, admo said:

The democratic left says..... 

You can choose what you take out of your body (unborn fetus) but you have no choice what you put into your body (a drug) 

If people like you were in charge we’d still have small pox, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, diptheria, pertussis, polio, etc. THANK GOD people like you arent in charge. Thank you science for saving us from people like admo who dont give a damn what diseases are floating around.

p.s get vaccinated

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
11 hours ago, commando said:

am i understanding correctly that this mandate doesn't actually mandate that you have to get the vaccine?  you can choose to avoid the shot if you are wanting to take the tests instead.   

and going to courts is inevitable...but if what i have read tonight is true....the polio vaccine mandate was challenged in court and it was ruled that part of the government responsibility was to provide for the health of the people so the vaccine mandate stood.  that was me paraphrasing what was said so again a lawyer might be needed to clean my mess up if i made any mistakes.

Yes.  As an employer, I'm trying to figure out everything we would need to do. Are we required to have testing available?  What kind of records do we need to keep?  How do we handle it if employees refuse to get the vaccine or get tested?

If this goes through, there are still a lot of unanswered questions.

• Fire 1
11 hours ago, nic said:

She dressed up in a monkey suit to protest a black man. Would she have done that if he was white? If someone did that to Corey Booker they would probably be arrested for a hate crime. If she wanted to protest his policies and beliefs, waving a sign or banner and stating what she thinks would suffice. Why bring the color of his skin into the protest? It’s a double standard,  based on political beliefs.

There are examples of people wearing gorrilla masks to mock Obama and  protest BLM events, and people who forgo signs and banners for more physical confrontations, and the reason we're talking about Leftist Gorilla Lady is because her extreme actions made the news, just like the other extremists who act out for the attention. 

But the conversation was whether Larry Elder could be a racist himself, and whether people were challenging him on his political positions rather than his race, and the actions of one crazy gorilla lady have nothing to do with that. The fact that you think she cancels out the criticism of Larry Elder is why this incident is getting lots of play across the media,  driven by political beliefs. 

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

There are examples of people wearing gorrilla masks to mock Obama and  protest BLM events, and people who forgo signs and banners for more physical confrontations, and the reason we're talking about Leftist Gorilla Lady is because her extreme actions made the news, just like the other extremists who act out for the attention. 

But the conversation was whether Larry Elder could be a racist himself, and whether people were challenging him on his political positions rather than his race, and the actions of one crazy gorilla lady have nothing to do with that. The fact that you think she cancels out the criticism of Larry Elder is why this incident is getting lots of play across the media,  driven by political beliefs. 

No idea who Elder is at all but that video shows me two things.  The lady should be in prison and/or beaten and so should the old dude that attacked the other old dude.  That is it, period.

If the Elder dude is a racist, he should be beaten as well.

None of this is difficult. 

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No idea who Elder is at all but that video shows me two things.  The lady should be in prison and/or beaten and so should the old dude that attacked the other old dude.  That is it, period.

Yet it does prove that if you're nuts and you do something nutty, you will get on the news and divert attention from where it should be. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

The beatings will continue until moral improves :lol:

BTW, I agree, beat them all…..and I haven’t seen or paid attention to any of it.

• Oh Yeah! 1
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes.  As an employer, I'm trying to figure out everything we would need to do. Are we required to have testing available?  What kind of records do we need to keep?  How do we handle it if employees refuse to get the vaccine or get tested?

If this goes through, there are still a lot of unanswered questions.

Fire their a$$. Obviously they dont care about you and your business because they are willing to risk another shutdown which would affect your business. 

7 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

If people like you were in charge we’d still have small pox, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, diptheria, pertussis, polio, etc. THANK GOD people like you arent in charge. Thank you science for saving us from people like admo who dont give a damn what diseases are floating around.

p.s get vaccinated

Sir, you completely missed the point.  

I never said I didn't care, homes.  

PS. I have my card.  It's on my fridge.  I got vaccinated in Feb.  

For the record, I love all my brothers and sisters, my fam, my community.  I tell them to consider getting vaccinated.  And some have.  But if they don't, I understand that it's a personal choice, for personal reasons and it's their body.  I will not shame them, force them, fight them, yell at them if they choose not to.  Neither should you or anybody else.  They all wear face coverings, wash their hands, sanitize.  Many of them had covid last year, and so did I.  But I still got I vaxxed.  I got covid again 2 months after the shots.  And I still wear a mask.  I had a lot to consider and think about before choosing to be vaccinated, because I had cancer removed 3 years ago.  So don't give me your s#!t. And I don't care for your rudeness and hateful attitude.

• Thanks 4
  • Fire 1
19 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Fire their a$$. Obviously they dont care about you and your business because they are willing to risk another shutdown which would affect your business. 

That's certainly one point of view.

And, as a business owner, when BRB fires 10-20% of his workforce, who will complete whatever process it is that his business performs. There is no one that wants a job that doesn't already have one. Who will fill his orders, who will replace those 20%? Burn out the other 80% on overtime and weekends?

You don't think that would affect his business?

• Plus1 1