The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

That's certainly one point of view.

And, as a business owner, when BRB fires 10-20% of his workforce, who will complete whatever process it is that his business performs. There is no one that wants a job that doesn't already have one. Who will fill his orders, who will replace those 20%? Burn out the other 80% on overtime and weekends?

You don't think that would affect his business?

they could just get the vaccine and put it all to rest.

1 hour ago, admo said:

Sir, you completely missed the point.  

I never said I didn't care, homes.  

PS. I have my card.  It's on my fridge.  I got vaccinated in Feb.  

For the record, I love all my brothers and sisters, my fam, my community.  I tell them to consider getting vaccinated.  And some have.  But if they don't, I understand that it's a personal choice, for personal reasons and it's their body.  I will not shame them, force them, fight them, yell at them if they choose not to.  Neither should you or anybody else.  They all wear face coverings, wash their hands, sanitize.  Many of them had covid last year, and so did I.  But I still got I vaxxed.  I got covid again 2 months after the shots.  And I still wear a mask.  I had a lot to consider and think about before choosing to be vaccinated, because I had cancer removed 3 years ago.  So don't give me your s#!t. And I don't care for your rudeness and hateful attitude.

Thank you for being sensible. I feel much the same way.

It’s completely shameful that this thing got politicized by design. When Trump’s administration was working towards the vaccine it was hell no we don’t trust this and we will not submit from VP Harris and more. I’m glad the vaccines came out but why now can’t they be questioned and let people decide based on their personal situation. Let science happen. We now know Covid is not deadly to certain segments of the population, those that had it have a strong natural immunity, and there are other therapeutics to help prevent and treat it. Yet we have conflicting mis-information from Biden’s administration and a mandate that you must get injected with an experimental vaccine that studies show is not even as effective at stopping transmission as initially hoped. Further any discussion about legitimate adverse reactions or questions on the vaccine or other remedies are often censored. WTF? Just a few months ago these same people said don’t trust Trump’s vaccine? I thought Trump was the tyrant? If so why is Biden the one forcing experimental injections on people (which have harmed some people) and also threatening their jobs and businesses to comply. It was Biden who said we’ll come knock on your door!  Who’s the tyrant?  Say it loudly…F Joe Biden. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

54 minutes ago, admo said:

Sir, you completely missed the point.  

I never said I didn't care, homes.  

PS. I have my card.  It's on my fridge.  I got vaccinated in Feb.  

For the record, I love all my brothers and sisters, my fam, my community.  I tell them to consider getting vaccinated.  And some have.  But if they don't, I understand that it's a personal choice, for personal reasons and it's their body.  I will not shame them, force them, fight them, yell at them if they choose not to.  Neither should you or anybody else.  They all wear face coverings, wash their hands, sanitize.  Many of them had covid last year, and so did I.  But I still got I vaxxed.  I got covid again 2 months after the shots.  And I still wear a mask.  I had a lot to consider and think about before choosing to be vaccinated, because I had cancer removed 3 years ago.  So don't give me your s#!t. And I don't care for your rudeness and hateful attitude.

I totally believe you and appreciate your reasoning — for both yourself and your friends who struggle with and so far have declined vaccination. 

That still leave me vexed by the millions of people who have decided this choice -- a COVID vaccine -- is different from the many vaccines they've taken throughout their lives, and dutifully gotten for their own kids. Some of those vaccines were also mandatory for education and employment. Some just common sense and largely unquestioned. The worst public health crisis in our lifetimes is an odd time to take a new and contradictory stand. With all due respect to personal freedom, this one just asks that if you want to go out in public, you need to respect that there's a public health crisis going on, and whether kindly folk or not, the unvaccinated are creating huge problems for the people who made a different choice. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

It’s completely shameful that this thing got politicized by design. When Trump’s administration was working towards the vaccine it was hell no we don’t trust this and we will not submit from VP Harris and more. I’m glad the vaccines came out but why now can’t they be questioned and let people decide based on their personal situation. Let science happen. We now know Covid is not deadly to certain segments of the population, those that had it have a strong natural immunity, and there are other therapeutics to help prevent and treat it. Yet we have conflicting mis-information from Biden’s administration and a mandate that you must get injected with an experimental vaccine that studies show is not even as effective at stopping transmission as initially hoped. Further any discussion about legitimate adverse reactions or questions on the vaccine or other remedies are often censored. WTF? Just a few months ago these same people said don’t trust Trump’s vaccine? I thought Trump was the tyrant? If so why is Biden the one forcing experimental injections on people (which have harmed some people) and also threatening their jobs and businesses to comply. It was Biden who said we’ll come knock on your door!  Who’s the tyrant?  Say it loudly…F Joe Biden. 

You really need to research this subject better. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, chamrocck said:

Which therapeutics are you referring to, out of curiosity?

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

That part where his statistical anomalies regarding COVID over-ride the much larger concerns, and the shameful political behavior that he limits to one side. 

But the examples he provides are accurate, for the most part.

I do agree with you that the politization is not coming from only one side. And, I leave his lane when comparing Biden and Trump.

• Plus1 1

Biden wants people to get protected and trying to save lives and it pisses the far right off.   

quite a few republicans now telling people to NOT get the vaccine.  of course they have been beating around the bush trying desperately to have people not to protect themselves from the virus but today they are brazenly telling them to not get the vaccine.   

14 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Good Lord you couldn't have jammed more disinformation in this post if you tried.

People weren't going to take the vaccine if Trump strong armed the FDA.  Once the FDA gave emergency use authorization the calculous changed.  They weren't going to base it off what Trump said but what the scientists said. 

Covid is deadly to everyone.  Some demographics moreso than others but that's zero reason to not get vaccinated.  Have you ever considered the other guy?

Please list the therapeutics that prevent covid with peer reviewed data.  Thanks.

FDA gave full approval of Pfizer.  They are not experimental.  Didn't somebody here say this nonsense would stop if the FDA got off their a$$ and gave full approval?  Guess that didn't happen.

The vaccines would slow transmission if idiots would get vaccinated.  Science is hard.

You're lying about the Biden admin saying they would knock on your door and force vaccinate if that's what you are insinuating.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

There are examples of people wearing gorrilla masks to mock Obama and  protest BLM events, and people who forgo signs and banners for more physical confrontations, and the reason we're talking about Leftist Gorilla Lady is because her extreme actions made the news, just like the other extremists who act out for the attention. 

But the conversation was whether Larry Elder could be a racist himself, and whether people were challenging him on his political positions rather than his race, and the actions of one crazy gorilla lady have nothing to do with that. The fact that you think she cancels out the criticism of Larry Elder is why this incident is getting lots of play across the media,  driven by political beliefs. 

I didn’t know we were talking about whether Larry Elder is racist. I was pointing out that if a black person is conservative it seems to be ok to be racist toward them with fewer consequences. I think Louis Farrakhan is pretty extreme, but no one would get away with this if they did it toward him. Heck even Twitter waited to flag and shut down his anti-vaccine tweets.

• Plus1 1