The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

10 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Debunked and refuted are not the same thing, unless you choose to be a moron. 

Let me ask you something champ.  How do you debunk anonymous sources?  Oh yeah, you have 15-20 other people who were present, go on the record saying it didn’t happen.  Or in other words, the story has now been debunked.  Either way, you can choose to be a moron and believe the story or be settled in reality and know it isn’t true.  Do what you please 

• Plus1 2

This 'reap what you sow', 'karma', 'what goes around, comes around', 'pride goes before a fall', 'ignorance is bliss' - call it what you want, but these anti-vax conservative  talk show hosts are becoming the victim of their own words and choices.   The 5th to die in 6 weeks from covid. 

Conservative radio host who spurned vaccines, mocked AIDS patients dies of covid-19 (msn.com)

The Washington Post 

Conservative radio host who spurned vaccines, mocked AIDS patients dies of covid-19

For years, Bob Enyart used his conservative media platform in Denver to mock those who died of AIDS by name or call for women who receive abortions to face the death penalty. Recently, the radio talk-show host — who had successfully sued the state over mask mandates and capacity limits in Colorado churches last year — joined a chorus of conservative voices who have bashed the coronavirus vaccine and vowed to stay unvaccinated

Enyart is at least the fifth conservative radio talk-show host to have died of covid-19 in the last six weeks after speaking out against vaccinations and masking. The others are Marc Bernier, 65, a longtime host in Florida; Phil Valentine, 61, a popular host in Tennessee; Jimmy DeYoung, 81, a nationally syndicated Christian preacher also based in Tennessee; and d!(k Farrel, 65, who had worked for stations in Miami and Palm Beach, Fla., as well as for the conservative Newsmax TV channel.

Four conservative radio talk-show hosts bashed coronavirus vaccines. Then they got sick.

The Denver host’s comments are another example of talk radio being an often overlooked space for coronavirus misinformation. In the weeks and months leading up to their deaths, all five men had publicly shared their opposition to science-based health efforts when coronavirus infections were spiking.

image.png

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Let me ask you something champ.  How do you debunk anonymous sources?  Oh yeah, you have 15-20 other people who were present, go on the record saying it didn’t happen.  Or in other words, the story has now been debunked.  Either way, you can choose to be a moron and believe the story or be settled in reality and know it isn’t true.  Do what you please 

Funny you use the word "moron."  No cabinet member or military general ever went on record calling Donald Trump "a f#&%ing moron" but other people heard them and everyone believes it because Donald Trump is a f#&%ing moron. That Trump's shrinking inner circle of dishonest loyalists would claim outrage and go into a fire drill to discredit any accuser is yet another sign the accusation is correct.  That John Bolton wasn't in the room for every utterance of a blabbermouth President trying to avoid a rainy & windy day photo op doesn't make a debunking. 

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Funny you use the word "moron."  No cabinet member or military general ever went on record calling Donald Trump "a f#&%ing moron" but other people heard them and everyone believes it because Donald Trump is a f#&%ing moron. That Trump's shrinking inner circle of dishonest loyalists would claim outrage and go into a fire drill to discredit any accuser is yet another sign the accusation is correct.  That John Bolton wasn't in the room for every utterance of a blabbermouth President trying to avoid a rainy & windy day photo op doesn't make a debunking. 

It does.  And it is debunked unless and until some coward would actually come forward and put their on the record as source with back up more than a he said/ he or she said.  

It’s silly to be an anonymous source for something like this.  Most everyone is rewarded for bringing bad stories about Trump and/or his administration.  The reason this particular story has stayed anonymous is because it didn’t happen and was right in the height of the election and bad stories needed to be planted (whether true or not/corroborated or not didn”t matter). 

And by the way, John Bolton said he was in the room when this particular discussion “allegedly” took place.  He, along with 15 others are on the record saying it’s not true. At this point, only a moron would believe it. 

• Plus1 2

We saw tons of leaks from anonymous sources in the Trump White House. They don't come forward because the one thing of value they have is access. When it's all over, they might be rewarded with a tell all book. Or they may have been DC mercenaries who honestly couldn't believe the s#!t they were witnessing, and shared it with peers regardless of political party. That was happening all over the place.  

Of course the tell-all books were coming out back then and continue to come out now, and true or not, this one is just a fart in the wind. 

Glad you appreciate The Atlantic's reporting when it agrees with you. 

16 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Glad you appreciate The Atlantic's reporting when it agrees with you

It doesn’t agree or disagree with me in regards to the article I linked to.  I have no opinion either way on the subject.  I found the article interesting and thought they have done a good job for the most part on Covid reporting.

Its unfortunate you don’t understand that and feel the need to try and argue about everything :dunno  Must suck.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Good question.  The atheist and agnostic groups are not broken down by race and neither is black Catholics included. 

Don't White Catholics attend the same churches as Latino Catholics? Are there no Latino Protestants? No Black Evangelicals?

What about those of the Jewish faith? Or Muslims?

Pretty arbitrary breakdown. Unless the intent was to race bait. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Thanks for that link. Wow, that's really long. I will try to get to it in it's entirety. In my first browse, I see no mention of why they broke it down like they did.

Did you see if my questions were addressed?

• Plus1 1