The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Ok so it's seems the real reason some MAGAts aren't getting vaccinated is because the evil libs are playing 3-D chess and manipulating them into not getting jabbed.

Pretty much goes hand in hand with that massive voter fraud scheme involving thousands and thousands of people that somehow only impacted Trump's totals even though some of the Republicans calling the election rigged were on the same ballot..... and yet the whole scheme has never yet been uncovered.  Those rascally libs.

On 9/19/2021 at 7:56 AM, Archy1221 said:

Page 630 of this thread. Not sure if it’s totally what you are asking though.  It does speak to Delta as a follow up period 

Doesn't address my question, but thanks for the link to the study, I must have missed it before. Unfortunately, the Israeli study is only for the Pfizer vaccine and doesn't separate infection variants.

John Hopkins did a summary looking at that study: https://ncrc.jhsph.edu/research/comparing-sars-cov-2-natural-immunity-to-vaccine-induced-immunity-reinfections-versus-breakthrough-infections/

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Ok so it's seems the real reason some MAGAts aren't getting vaccinated is because the evil libs are playing 3-D chess and manipulating them into not getting jabbed.

Pretty much goes hand in hand with that massive voter fraud scheme involving thousands and thousands of people that somehow only impacted Trump's totals even though some of the Republicans calling the election rigged were on the same ballot..... and yet the whole scheme has never yet been uncovered.  Those rascally libs.

It's just the newest excuse since can no longer blame the FDA approval process.

57 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Doesn't address my question, but thanks for the link to the study, I must have missed it before. Unfortunately, the Israeli study is only for the Pfizer vaccine and doesn't separate infection variants.

Maybe I’m not understanding your question.  I thought you were asking if a person affected with alpha strain was protected from delta strain as an example.  If so, this study addresses that.

The previously infected cohort in the Israeli study were confirmed infections prior to February 2021 (when Delta didn’t exist). 
The study time frame in question was June-August when Delta was the primary variant.  So they are looking at people previously infected with a non Delta strain and how they held up during the Delta surge.  

Sorry if I am reading your question wrong or possibly this study wrong, but this is my take a way 

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe I’m not understanding your question.  I thought you were asking if a person affected with alpha strain was protected from delta strain as an example.  If so, this study addresses that.

The previously infected cohort in the Israeli study were confirmed infections prior to February 2021 (when Delta didn’t exist). 
The study time frame in question was June-August when Delta was the primary variant.  So they are looking at people previously infected with a non Delta strain and how they held up during the Delta surge.  

Sorry if I am reading your question wrong or possibly this study wrong, but this is my take a way 

You're reading my question correctly, but you are mistaken on delta. The Israeli study looked at immunity from infection cases occuring during Jan and Feb 2021. Delta was first discovered in India in October of 2020 and was hitting the UK hard in Dec 2020. So delta was first seen 2-4 months before the infection period studied in Israel and was spreading fast at around that time. Without evidence that it was variants other than delta, it's impossible to know what the natural immunity results from Israel tell us about differences in variants.

9 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Delta was first discovered in India in October of 2020 and was hitting the UK hard in Dec 2020.

Maybe it makes no difference in either of your assertions, but everything I am reading says discovered in India in mid-December 2020, and hit the UK hard in April 2021? 

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Maybe it makes no difference in either of your assertions, but everything I am reading says discovered in India in mid-December 2020, and hit the UK hard in April 2021? 

Hmm, I'm finding different media articles saying delta was first seen in Oct 2020 all the way to Feb 2021. I'm looking for a more definitive source.

Just now, RedDenver said:

Hmm, I'm finding different media articles saying delta was first seen in Oct 2020 all the way to Feb 2021. I'm looking for a more definitive source.

I found https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/5-things-to-know-delta-variant-covid and https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/28/how-the-uk-with-the-delta-variant-is-a-blueprint-for-the-us.html and even Wiki  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SARS-CoV-2_Delta_variant that all indicate a later timeframe that your source possibly?

25 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

This seems to be the most authoritative source I could find: https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-cases-of-variant-b-1-617-the-indian-variant-being-investigated-in-the-uk/

Prof Sharon Peacock, Director of COG-UK, and Professor of Public Health and Microbiology, University of Cambridge, said:

What do we currently know about B.1.617?

“This variant has been around for some time. The first B.1.617 genome in the global database (GISAID) dates back to 5 Oct 2020.  India has submitted the most B.1.617 genomes, following in frequency by UK and the US. Based on genome information, B.1.617 was first detected in the UK on 22 Feb 2021, and in the US on 23 Feb 2021. B.1.617 has been identified from genome data submitted by 21 countries as of 19 April 2021. The relative frequency of genomes from different countries is biased because of the different amounts of sequencing being performed in different countries; a country sequencing a high number of genomes may be more likely to detect variants.

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I’m pretty sure you are mistaken on the Israel Delta timeline.  Keep in mind, this is an Israeli study on its population so it doesn’t really matter when Delta first appeared in another country.  

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israels-covid-19-vaccine-boosters-show-signs-taming-delta-2021-08-24/

• Plus1 1