The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

The FDA and CDC advisory committees did NOT recommend a booster for people under 65 and not at risk. Then the CDC director overrides them. I think I am gonna run right out and get a booster. ;) I am done with these clowns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/24/covid-delta-variant-live-updates/

I heard that the two shots are more effective 3 months apart and not 3 weeks apart. True?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nic said:

heard that the two shots are more effective 3 months apart and not 3 weeks apart. True?

I believe the FDA and CDC admit that or talk to it, but the reason we didn’t wait that long was because of the desire to vaccinate fully earlier.  

I believe Canada spread theirs out more? I Have to check that though.  Just thinking out loud 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, nic said:

The FDA and CDC advisory committees did NOT recommend a booster for people under 65 and not at risk. Then the CDC director overrides them. I think I am gonna run right out and get a booster. ;) I am done with these clowns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/24/covid-delta-variant-live-updates/

I heard that the two shots are more effective 3 months apart and not 3 weeks apart. True?

Another day of factual science in the house :facepalm: 

• Plus1 2

On 9/24/2021 at 9:57 PM, Scarlet said:

The odd thing about the town I live in is that no one is requiring masks in restaurants, places of business, churches, rec centers, and very few seem to be wearing them. The kids in schools are required to wear them, even the young ones. The mandate only applies to schools and some charters have been threatened with getting shut down for non-compliance. The High schools are all having homecoming outside to get around the masks. The county has a pretty high vaccination rate. I don’t hear much about COVID outbreaks, but do know some people that have tested positive. It seems like everyone is ignoring this except the poor kids in school, who all gather maskless everywhere except inside the schools.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, nic said:

The odd thing about the town I live in is that no one is requiring masks in restaurants, places of business, churches, rec centers, and very few seem to be wearing them. The kids in schools are required to wear them, even the young ones. The mandate only applies to schools and some charters have been threatened with getting shut down for non-compliance. The High schools are all having homecoming outside to get around the masks. The county has a pretty high vaccination rate. I don’t hear much about COVID outbreaks, but do know some people that have tested positive. It seems like everyone is ignoring this except the poor kids in school, who all gather maskless everywhere except inside the schools.

I believe it.  That's why we're at 700,000 dead in the US. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, nic said:

the kids are adult enough to wear the masks but the parents aren't

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, commando said:

the kids are adult enough to wear the masks but the parents aren't

when the mandate first came out the kids at the HS ignored it unless teachers required it in their classrooms. I have two kids their attending 9 different classes and only one teacher required it in her classroom. Then the school got in trouble for non compliance and started enforcing the mandate with punishment. Kids still don’t like to get punished, but they did organize a mask protest one day.

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I believe it.  That's why we're at 700,000 dead in the US. 

Only 263 deaths in Douglas county since they started keeping track in March of 2020. About 75 per 100K according to the state website. the other counties that are part of the Tri-county health commission are at 121 and 152 per 100K. My point is that is seems strange mandates were ONLY given to the schools and have only enforced there. Everyone else just got recommendations to my knowledge or there is a ton of non-compliance. 

• Plus1 2
On 9/24/2021 at 6:36 PM, nic said:

If you don't trust the FDA and/or CDC, who do you trust?